Dissapointed !!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Hi
As a new member I've just a few points to raise!!!

BUSHCRAFT UK ???? why then on the register page to we have to fill in an AMERICAN style form - State - Zip Code etc ????? Is this a British site or not?????

Just havin a quick look around - is this just a site to promote a few questionable "bushcraft schools" and a magazine that u can't buy in shops!!!!!!

I was expecting so much more, and I think it could be a better site - Lets keep it real & British!!!!!!!!!

Please reply I'd like to know what you out there think!!!!!

Knifefan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Firstly, welcome to BcUK.
Secondly, it would be courteous if you'd stop shouting at us.
Multiple exclamation marks are considered indicative of of irritation.

The basis for the forum is a standard pro forma website. That's it, no anti British bias.

Promote schools and magazines ? Not the focus, though they will come up in conversation; it's the conversation and the friendships that are important.

Anything else you wish to get off your chest ?

Toddy

Bimble

Forager
Jul 2, 2008
Stafford, England
'Knifeman' you’re a little xenophobic (look it up in a dictionary) for my liking.
Americans are people just like you and me, no different.
Do you feel threatened by something? Are you asking for our support? What gives with the forum name?
I think we'll get the moderators to change your name to 'fluffy the kitten' so your a little less scary....:buttkick:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome knifefan,

This is predominately a British forum yes,but we're in no way exclusive hence the posts and membership from overseas.

Check out our threads and i'm sure you'll find all the info you need and don't be afraid to ask questions,that's how we all learn.

Cheers,

Tom.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear - looking a for a nice meaty vitriolic response are we?

Join the forum, introduce yourself and be nice :) initiating a flame war (whether intentional or not) results in nothing but a headache and isn't needed.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Knifefan and welcome to one of the best UK based Bushcraft forums I've seen, the people here are from around the globe so we learn skills from near and far.

I don't care much for the news magazines or the Bushcraft schools but have learnt quite a bit from members here.

So Sit down by the virtual fire, get yourself a brew on and get reading.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Well, firstly, welcome to the forum.

Also, it'd be unfair to exclude people outside the UK. And, fact is, people outside the UK have plenty of knowledge and experience to share. Consider; probably the most instantly recognisable and most recommended knife here are those by Mora/Frosts. Swedish knives (I think they're swedish anyway ...) based on their traditional designs (namely, the Puuko) - not ours. Even for those not using said knife, the most popular grind was shown to be Scandi (named, of course, after Scandinavian) by a poll IIRC. Mors Kochanski is very well known and very popular. He's Canadian - and, interestingly, also favours Moras. If you were to limit yourself to ideas and Bushcrafters that were British through-and-through, using tools and techniques that were British through-and-through, you would have a very limited scope.

Not to disrespect the Brits of course, but there's a whole of knowledge out there. Might as well use it IMO!

ATB, and happy Bushcrafting. I'm sure you'll find a lot to like about this place, irrespective of whatever your first impression may have been! Great folks and more collective knowledge here than I know what to do with.

Pete

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Don't knock it till you've tried it. (within limits of taste and discretion, it is a family site after all).

This is one of the best uk orientated forums you'll find.

So welcome and pull up a log and have a good read.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Hi
As a new member I've just a few points to raise!!!

BUSHCRAFT UK ???? why then on the register page to we have to fill in an AMERICAN style form - State - Zip Code etc ????? Is this a British site or not?????

Just havin a quick look around - is this just a site to promote a few questionable "bushcraft schools" and a magazine that u can't buy in shops!!!!!!

I was expecting so much more, and I think it could be a better site - Lets keep it real & British!!!!!!!!!

Please reply I'd like to know what you out there think!!!!!

Knifefan

Hello Knifefan, welcome.

Which are the questionable "bushcraft schools" of which you refer and in what way are they questionable?

Please explain what more you were expecting and the means by which you think BCUK could be a better site.

Given that you clearly take great exception to the "AMERICAN" origin of the website format and place great emphasis on keeping the site "British!+", why is it that you use the American phrase "Lets keep it real....."?

Regards,

helixpteron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE