Disgusted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Bloody 'ell, I've seen people trashing and discarding "festival" tents before - but not a whole caravan!

Let's hope your council does something about it quickly.

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
I had a quick look without disturbing anything but could'nt find any links to anybody.My guess is they probably do this all the time and make sure they dont leave anything traceable.

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
Disgusting, but becoming more common. I've seen similar on Bodmin moor and parts of Dartmoor. Possible culprits are unscrupulous builders or 'man and van' type operations where they otherwise have to pay to dispose of 'commercial' waste at landfill sites. Quick trip to a remote spot at night, get rid of the rubbish, no expense, job done.
Doesn't help tho' when council sites (eg weston mill in Plymouth) have signs saying 'no vans' at their entrance - I turn up with a Landrover full of old lath and plaster, get turned away and then have to transfer it to my car to dispose of. I suspect tho' that the 'private household waste' facility has been abused by the commercial sector. Will cost the council more to go and collect it from the Moors tho'.
Nick

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
It is an absolute disgrace, some people have no morals anymore. I also wish the councils were more pragmatic and realise they have made matters much worse by charging to get rid of some rubbish, and stop charging and/or behaving like little Hitlers with honest people who use the disposal sites. I bit your bottom dollars that it cost more for them to go clean up the mess than it would to allow free use of the legal disposal sites.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It's annoying, but hopefully it will get cleared up quickly. I found some fly tip rubbish near where I live and was disgusted but also amazed as some of it was brand new guttering and piping supplies, nothing wrong with it. The rest was old gravel covered in moss, off of a garage roof or similar. It was still in plastic bags though, but the next time I went down there it was all cleared up and the chippings had been turned out from the bags and spread out. That area is usually quite boggy after some rain so it was actually a good thing in the end!

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
DSCF1726.jpg

There is a coat of arms there. Looks to me like it could be a school/university coat of arms or shield of some sort ....... it has a bishops staff (Crozie?) on it ......?

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
I think the coat of arms is from the caravan makers,it does'nt look like it's been added at a later date.If it's still there tomorrow I'll have a closer look.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Bloody 'ell, I've seen people trashing and discarding "festival" tents before - but not a whole caravan!

Let's hope your council does something about it quickly.

This happened last year at a local Highland Games. Groups of young people brought thecaravans on to the site, got high on booze and drugs, trashed the 3 caravans and then left. Problem for them was that one had dropped his wallet so the Police got the lot. Often a good idea to have a look for papers with names etc and give it to the Police.:rant:

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Hi Think this is possibly either a "stolen " caravan thats been stripped for the ali skin and parts or one simply past its sell buy date . If you send a picture of the badge to the caravan club they will possibly be able to indentify the area from which it originaly came from , any makers marks or numbers could also help . but so many of these are used as temporary accomodation , and can be brought from a few hundred pounds that tracing those responsible would be virtualy impossible . Just a sign of the low lifes that now seem to dominate this country

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE