Differient Crusader cookers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've got the Black crusader cooker, its far more robust and slots under the mug and still fits into a water bottle pouch. It can burn on gel or hexi ( half a block boils about half a mug full) it also holds up better than most other Mug cookers in windy conditions.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
looks abit like an idea pinched from another system i've seen.

ok put it simply:

advantages:
light
compact
easy to use

disadvantages:
it's tiny you won't get much heat from it though probably enough to heat rather than boil!
it suggests US or 44" patern mugs, they are a totally different shape and sise to the british MOD version and certainly won't pack well in comparrison.

fire does need air but i reckon the stove might loose heat from wind whizzing through the frame(compared with the vented slot on one side of the crusader cooker)

i would seek more advise before buying!

akraven

Dec 18, 2004
Alaska
Thanks for everyones reply. I went ahead and ordered the standard black crusader cooker. I am quite anxious to give it a try. Thanks again. akraven in alaska

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I use mine every weekend with green heat and it's a pretty good piece of kit.

406_0699_1.jpg

akraven

Dec 18, 2004
Alaska
I'll probably end up with either hexi or a small photon burner like Martyn's. I have never seen Greenheat over here. akraven in alaska

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE