Different back up style knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Some of you may remember the knife i made based on the Spyderco native. It was a fixed tang that Sal had ok'ed.

I had hoped to do a numbered run on these but unfortunaltely Stuarts work load meant he had to withdraw from the project.

So i had to try find another maker whos work i was familiar with, and who i knew would do as good a job as Stuart.

I don't remember but i think it was Stuart who pointed me in the direction of Del Ealy, and after much tooing and frowing woth diangrams etc this is one of the first three blades that is winging its way to me now.

davesblade.jpg

The shape is slightly different to that of the original based on the comments i received regarding the front guard section. Stuart and I had decided that we would make it a little larger than the folding native. This time we have tried to keep it as close as possible. Please note that this is NOT a native, it does nt contain the spyderhole and is not meant as a knock off. It has all been agreed to by Sal, who has been a true gentleman throughout the process and is completely fine with it providing we credit Spyderco with the design, which whe have and always will.

This is blade number 2, number 1 is already taken and will be finished with Stab black ash burl and a sheath by singteck ( yes aly the blade is on the way at last!!:lmao: ) .

Excuse the totally naff picture but this is the one that was made as a prototype.

The blade shape differs slightly ( the front finger recess is a lot smaller) although the blade is as i understand the same length in total.

spydie1.jpg

I have oringinally agreed to have del make 10 of these blades.

What do you all think?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE