Did you enjoy the movie District 9?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Did you enjoy the movie District 9?

If so, here is the trailer for Neill Blomkamp's next offering, Elysium.

[video=youtube;-RSDaRttpzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RSDaRttpzk[/video]

As is often the case these days the trailer shows half the movie but it does look like quite a wild ride.

:)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Excellent. Been looking forward to that one, [and world war Z] :)

I only watch nature/wildlife programs and movies.......oh and GOT.

Looks like an accurate portrayal of where we are headed.

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I loved district 9. Looking forward to this one.

Of course, the big error that is already visible, is that English is the world language in the 22nd century.
Obviously, Dutch is far more likely to be the main language in the future. ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Loved District Nine and look forward to this film. World War Z could have problems, the postponed launch dates and re-shoots don't look hopeful :(

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Yes, but I have a lot of South African friends so kind of understood the humour...looking forward to this film :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Loved District Nine and look forward to this film. World War Z could have problems, the postponed launch dates and re-shoots don't look hopeful :(

Agreed, such a good book but not liking the look of the movie so far. Would have made a better series IMO.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I loved District 9, it's how I picture humans first contact with a Alien species would go if the ship lost power and had to use earth as a safe harbour.

Elesium look's like it's going to be a hit.

But as others have said I am going to give World War Z a miss nothing like the book, I wish I could say the same about the squeal book as it's dross for the most part with two exceptions it would have been three exceptions but despite being well written the Vampiers killed the whole story.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Gotta love the Prawns !!

Don't ask me why, because I have a soft spot for the Prawns but you know the bit towards the end (Mech fight), but the way the line is delivered just makes the whole scene.

"You know what I like about you Prawns?, It's the way you die", *BANG* Vicus prawn mech# charges the merc.

# I have to say that mech looked like a Warhammer 40k Ork Killa Kan http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Killa_Kan#.Ubt8OOsYKX0

AND

Tau Battle Suit
Tau_empire.jpg

have had a child.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE