dick proenneke

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Just watched it all in one sitting. I'd read the book some while ago (it was a very welcome relief after having read Guy Grieve's account!) and it all came flooding back. Great stuff. He - RP of course- was blimmin' handy with tools wasn't he?

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
That was a fantastic video thanks fir sharing that what a marvellous and very talented man makes it look all so easy and just makes you feel like moving

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I read the book a while ago, couldn't put it down. Seeing such a craftsman at work really brings it to life. Just think of the sheer practicalities of his efforts? Most of us struggle with a load of logs for the fire let alone building a cabin! One day I will have a go at building a log dog cabin or ground deer hide but I will be using a chainsaw, I'm not even going to pretend that I'm half the man he is! Glyn.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Somebody reported me to youtube so the movie was removed. Pointless exercise as its very easily available all over the web. I did try to buy off the company a few years ago, they would not ship to the UK then so I found a download, their loss.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE