Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Oki scrap that, i've now got to work Friday and the engine crane is arriving for the engine swap, which'll have to be done over the weekend, so that puts us both out for this one :(

Hope you have fun, the weather looks good for Friday n Saturday, we'll miss you!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Booze in boot of car... Petersons packed.

Looking forwards to getting down; if only for the one night! They say never go shopping when you are hungry. I'd highly advise not going if you really fancy a drink!

Think I'm covered for a tipple, or three :)

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Its winter... Campfire and port/rum/alcohol is good with me!

Be good to catch up bud. I have a few blends for your new pipe.

Num, num.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning Guys
Thought i had better get up early ! to pack and re pack for the mammoth trip ahead !

What do you mean a two nighter , half a mile trek from civilisation ? how very dare you ! Anyway i will be dragging myself away from this evil computer from about 11.00 am, so anyone not sure of directions , please ask on here before that time , i think most of you have my mob no. Or each others .

Its just the wood is a bit dense , if you take the wrong path, so you may need to ring upon arrival at the car park, save wandering lonely as a cloud , with all your kit , i can come and collect you .

Really looking forward to catching up with you guys , heres hoping for a great safe weekend .

See you in the woods , Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
At this stage of the ongoing inquirys, it would not be prudent to speculate , but if you and Mr Savage could hand your passports in to your nearest police station , it would be in your best interests.

Also i strongly advise you seek legal representation , oh yeah and pack an overnight bag .

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sorry , thread has been moved to Other Chatter , heading under the Beatle ! so feel free to defend yourselves on there !!

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
There will no doubt be new threads and much discussion about the impromptu demonstration of hypothermia symptoms and the team spirit that turned a potential disaster into a happy ending - but I wanted to get in first and say thanks guys - for recognising the problem and getting me to the right place at the right time. We always said that this was a group that looked out for each other and last night proved that totally.

I deserve every joke that will now be told at my expense - happy that I am actually able to laugh about it now, but also aware that I have learnt a valuable lesson the hard way, which won't be forgotten.

Proud of you guys for your responsible and appropriate actions, and very grateful.

Lucy

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi All , firsty on a serious note we have all learnt some lessons this weekend, that with all the good fun that comes with our meets , it was unfortunate that one of our group became unwell due to hypothermia, the fact that TBL is a trained first aider and also recognised the signs, was paramount to getting the right help and treatment swiftly .

To be honest , if it were down to the rest of us we would have been half an hour later in making a decision , but as it was Al took charge called the emergency services and a potential disaster was averted .

Apart from the obvious concern for one of our group, the other point to raise is that every member of a meet should have access to grid references, postcodes etc, because we tend to be a little tucked away in pursuit of our pleasure .

I wont dwell on this matter , as it was a sobering couple of hours with thankfully a great out come , suffice to say our dear friend made a full recovery and is back home safe and well.

Right thats enough of that !! if one of your pals at a meet looks cold , feels cold and starts talking more rubbish than usual ! becomes unresponsive and you can't make them warmer by all the normal means , get the ambulance out , they are fantastic , and due to the right information they were in a remote location within 15 minutes .

Fortunately there was a crate of beer in the boot of the car , while we waited the hour and a half for the attention seeking so and so to be dealt with .

Only joking , glad you are feeling better, know it has not put you off .

See you soon love, All of us xx

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
The Great Plantation remains my speciality subject. I didn't send in the Feds to protect me secrets - honest! :dunno:

Great weekend fella's and lady. I'm pretty sure Tony (aka 'Arry) enjoyed himself enough to want to come again.

It was a worthwhile lesson for all of us Lucy, just pleased it ended happily.

ATB

Paul

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right ! back to the usual nonsense , we had a brillant weekend , and apart from the fire brigade we would have had our treble up !!

Fri. Adam and myself got to the original site ( with permission ) set up lit a fire cooked some grub and were settling down to another great night out under the stars , looking forward to the next morn and arrival of our fellow camp mates .

Then just as we were tucking in to our sausage and bacon rolls , the plod turned up !! treated us as if we were terrorists, asked us if we were armed searched us questioned us etc , as they had a call saying 2 army looking blokes were in the woods acting suspiciously , bloody nosey joe public
after much radio work and a call to the owner of the wood ( not naming them or the warden etc ) it was decided that we should be evicted forthwith.

Oh pooh !! an hour and a half before dark , loads of fellow bushcrafters on their way , what do we do ? thanks to that wonderful thing the mobile telephone , disaster was averted , and we quickly re located to our usual site .

My pet hate setting up in the dark...

TBC

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Fortunately there was a crate of beer in the boot of the car , while we waited the hour and a half for the attention seeking so and so to be dealt with .

Only joking , glad you are feeling better, know it has not put you off .

Thanks, feeling better except for every muscle in my body hurting like hell in response to sharply contracting muscles while shivering that gave me a hell of a workout! Not recommended.

As attention seeking goes - a team of blokes looking after me, then two more in uniform, flashing lights and our resident 'photo-journalist' flashing away on his camera, sounds like about as much attention as a woman could ever hope for - such a shame that I remember virtually none of it - talk about bad luck!! Like you, I was really impressed by the paramedics who were so cheerful, calm and supportive (as were you guys).

Certainly not put off, but a great deal wiser. Got to say a special thanks to Al, to whom I owe a debt that is a tough one to ever repay adequately.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Part 2

I forgot to mention that two members that had stated that they could not possibly attend the meet , turned up at the first intended location !
and only after a text saying that they were bearing gifts ! That i told them where we had gone .

I must say Tony (Arry as he is known and calls everyone else , women included, coz its easier ) was a welcome new member of the Dartmoor gang ,
he slid in perfectly as if he had allways been in the club. Pleasure to meet you sir , i know you will be back .

Hopefully he will join BCUK become a member and post his pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE