Devon Weekend....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Hi guys,

Sorry to have gone to ground for a while, really bad chest infection and huge pressure at work/college that put me on my back for a while (and not in a good way) but pretty much on top of things again. Thanks again to everyone for contributing knowledge, demos and advice that led to some super coursework that really blew them away at college. You are a super bunch of people.

Can I just confirm starting and ending days/times for the weekend (lost the thread a bit, so to speak, while offline) and also what would you like me to bring food/booze wise? Haven't seen any mistletoe yet but am looking hard!!!! Missing all of you like crazy and really looking forward to seeing those who can make it. Lots of love to those who can't.

Lucy x

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello Peeps !
Just got back from a rather wet but interesting weekends camping with Adam and Lee, Friday night Adam and I in the wood where the meet is to be held , just to try it out really , The police turned up in the carpark at 2am thinking it was a suicide mission !! as Adams car is registered to somewhere hours away ! still all sorted out .

Sat. on Dartmoor , wont say anymore than the weather for the meet had better be nicer than that !!

Anyway, glad to know you will be getting out again Rick see you Sat .
Lucy i will ring you re directions . Also i think Adam and myself can stay until the Monday.
Dave53, just spoke to Badger, and him and Foxy can make the Friday night , but work commitments mean they have to depart Sat .

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi , just to clarify a few things . As this is a new site to all of us . Adam and myself gave it a trial run on Friday night , and apart from a bit of distant traffic noise until about 9.00pm and a dog walker 8.00am Saturday , very peaceful and comfortable.

A couple have asked about bringing stuff etc . Seeing as this is a small meet by our standards , and there is a tesco a mile away , we can all chip in for ingredients if a group meal is wanted.

I will bring camp kettle , frying pans , dutch oven, group cooking pots etc .

Anyone not quite sure of location , or is planning to arrive at a wierd time , and needs my tel. no. just shout . ( reception on all networks is good )

Crikey i read my own text sometimes and i don't even get it !!

Ivan...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ivan al and i can't get there friday al has work commitments .it looks like there will be seven of us at the meet by the looks of it I'm happy to bring the turkey butt and if someone brings some veg i.e. broccoli carrots swede tatties and some gravy we can all have a sunday lunch on saturday and mane some scones jam and clotted cream for afters nom nom nom anyway you need to give me directions i.e. postcode longitude latitude road etc etc get back to me on it regards dave:christmas2::hammock::thankyou:

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Looking forward to seeing all again. Glad it was just a suicide watch from old bill and not asking about what 3 men where doing alone in the dark on the moors lol.
I will be arriving Saturday around 12:30 ish hopefully and sort of guess where going buts it's all and adventure so Gsme on
Love and hugs to all

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Dave, repeat of directions , Grid Ref SX813-756 , nearest postcode TQ126HL , LAT 50.56805 LONG -3.677458 . Its a long straight single carriageway called Belle View Sraights , about half way along there is a house , right by this is a car park , you are there !! Take the footpath from the car park into the wood on your right . duck under a fallen tree , continue on, keep an eye and ear to your left and hopefully you should see/hear/smell us !!

I will sort veg, extras etc , blimey its going to be a bit festive !!

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Also , 10 people confirmed, 3 undecided and of course a few day visitors, so that turkey butt is going to be well and truly roasted, how do you spell truly , by the way ? does not look right .

Any way , its going to be fun , hope its freezing by then as i for one are fed up with mild damp weather !!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
In all fairness , i had to pm Dave53 and ask exactly what a turkey butt was, and it turns out it is both breasts actually !! so nothing to do with the area that you would think!! anyway Mr Newman it will be very tasty , and its a crying shame you can't attend , especially as its your original camping/bushcrafting/stomping ground from 50 ! years ago ! jealous ? not you sir !

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Mr Newman , as according to official data we both joined this site , in July of this year and i have considerably more posts than you ! So i think i will take over as the Great Plantation, guide and expert, and i do not want you to bring up anything about , you telling me about the site in the first place or that you have educated me in flora and fauna , the Templar way etc . As you can't be bothered to make the million mile journey to see your old pals to a place that is special in your heart , you therefore relinquish all right of entry to said wood , gorging of butt and breast on site ! and i will be phoning the Star Inn at the earliest oppurtunity to get you banned sir , as you are a cad and a bounder,consider my gauntlet thrown !

On a lighter note if you are prepared to apologise , i may see you over the festive period ,failing that the new year .

yours respectfully Ivan...

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Gadzooks! That's a bit strong old boy! Take away a man's home, his bird, and his boozer, then strand him in foreign (snowy) territories would you - what, what, what? I contend that it is you who is the cad and bounder sir - you!

We will have to settle this like gentlemen - pistols at dawn! I will aim for your big *** butt these pistols are not too accurate.

Yours, larffing like a drain.

Paul
P.S. Hope to get down before long.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning ! Time to get back on thread me thinks , Adam ,i have spoken to Badger , he was going to swerve the meet as his Landie is very poorly at the mo, so i kindly offered your collection services , as transport was the only issue , therefore would you mind awfully volunteering to pick Badger and Foxy up , and deliver them safely to the woods ?

Badge said he will catch a train to Newton Abbot station , as that would make it much easier , awiting your reply , thankyou .

Your best attention at all times Ivan... ( Head of The Great Plantation )

Ps don't mention any of this to that Newman character OK !

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Adam, no mate it would be the Friday , as they can only stay Friday night , work commitments on the Saturday night for both. Will ring or text you when i know the train times , to see if it fits , if not i am sure we can figure out a way .

The forecast is for it turning much colder BRRR!! , Thats music to my ears , so all we have to do is ensure the rain stays away .

I plan to be in the woods from 12.30pm Friday onwards, so anybody who needs my mobile number, just say so , then hopefully due to the wonders of modern technology we won't have lots of mini meets going on , and we will be alltogether!!

Ivan...

TeaBee

Jun 12, 2011
Devon
Have a good meet, one and all, but I'm afraid I'll have to drop out of this one. Just too many family, Christmassy events are coming together this weekend. See you next time around, Trev

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Guys and Gals, getting closer now ! one eye on our forecast looks decent , but be advised much colder , a couple have had to cancel or due to commitments can't make this one , so Jon , Trev , Darren , Paul W, Paul N , Bushwhacker, we will raise a glass to you .

Don't worry we will all be together early in the new year, as once the Christmas thing is over i will announce Dartmoor 5 , haven't thought of a witty title yet !

There have been questions about , mistletoe, yule logs , berried /variegated holly etc , so anybody who wants to take some home let me know , then we can go on a forage , but you may have to be blindfolded as some of the locations are top secret !

Can lightening strike twice ? what are the chances of two gorgeous french damsels in distress , wandering into camp lost cold and wet ? Well one can hope !

Also , as a foot note a big hello to Freddyfish and Nova and Pinky as they have been quiet lately .

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Cold! Whadya mean cold? Bunch of southern Jessies! Oop north we have to crack the ice on the surface of our bath water before we can get in. Our knees won't bend cos our trousers are permanently frozen to our legs and when I breath out I make my own snow cloud! :)

I'll be with you all in spirit if not in body. Have a good one!!

ATB

Paul

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Foxy n myself are looking forward to it :D

As said by Ivan, the Landy is awaiting an engine swap, i was planning to do this over the weekend but it can wait till monday now & we can only stay Friday night as i'm working Saturday night and Foxy is at work Sunday morning.

Do we have your number Adam? Much appreciated for the lift, we'll get to Newton Abbott train station to make it easier for you :D ( pm your mobile number to me mate )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE