desertion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:) Still here...and there .....and over there as well.....and behind a tree in the middle distance!:)
Been in all these locations for quite a while now...its a quantum thing.....:cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are currently 234 people, 86 of whom are members reading the forum...........and that's in the middle of a Friday afternoon............slightly above average tbh.:D

Me ? I'm having a coffee, and trying out a recipe for vegan, gluten and dairy free biscuits........not wonderful :rolleyes: :(

cheers,
Toddy

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Thanks for that John I was begining to think I was the only one left,although I am a member on other forums I post on both and try to steer clear of heated discussions.
It seems as if lots have deserted for good.I understand their feelings about what caused the shift but don't understand how easily some seem to have washed their hands of this forum,there are so many good people with so much knowledge to pass on.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not a lot unfortunately :( The funny diet though means that the rheumatoid arthritis is officially "In Remission"..........:D :1244: :1244: :red: :red: :D ........but I miss oats and cheese :( and gluten free bread is vile.
Ah well, sod's law; on balance it is worth it.

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Cheers Spike :D I'll have a looksee :)
I tried the Green's stuff......nearly £2 a bottle and not that good :( I don't drink much anyway..........I think I've drunk more since I joined the forum and started hanging out with you lot than I've ever done in my life :rolleyes: :D .......some of the home brews are awfully good though :approve:

atb,
Toddy

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Thanks for that John I was begining to think I was the only one left,although I am a member on other forums I post on both and try to steer clear of heated discussions.
It seems as if lots have deserted for good.I understand their feelings about what caused the shift but don't understand how easily some seem to have washed their hands of this forum,there are so many good people with so much knowledge to pass on.

Im still here aswell

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Toddy, I hadn't drunk alcohol for 10 years .Then I went to the west wales meet.Sloe gin,blackberry vodka,spiced rum,lager ,bells and coffee. And all thoroughly enjoyable!

xylaria

OOhh we are having tea and biscuits!!!

How about this one toddy, beat then comb the starch out bulrush roots, mix with some honey or maple syrup and then bake for 20 mins. The starch can be grated out of bulrush as well, but then cattail cookies can have texture of well cats tails, ie hairy, but they taste nice.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now that's an idea......it has got to be better than the ones I made from a recipe from a coeliac site :yuck:
I just took a notion to something like a digestive or shortbread........the birds didn't even eat the others :rolleyes:

cheers,
M

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
To be honest I got a wee bit pee'd off with the petty stuff that was drifting back and forward a few weeks ago. I wasn't enjoying the forum as much as before so I left it alone for a week or so, but as with all addictions I came right back to it.

Simply there is too much good knowledge and people to let a few grumpy voices spoil it.

wiltshirehero

Banned
Oct 31, 2008
Yes, people are leaving.

Its all because of 1 moderator, and rules that are so tight many people find it impossible to have a proper conversation anymore. The other moderators do a fantastic job btw.
From what i know, lots more will be leaving, fed up with the attitude and overbearing ways of this moderator.

Si

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
Yes, people are leaving.

Its all because of 1 moderator, and rules that are so tight many people find it impossible to have a proper conversation anymore. The other moderators do a fantastic job btw.
From what i know, lots more will be leaving, fed up with the attitude and overbearing ways of this moderator.

Si

Calm down. If you've got a beef with a mod take it to PM with the mod concerned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE