Dehydrated Liver.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I don't mind the smell of frying liver. I believe it compliments the smells of frying bacon and onions. I'll open my kitchen window for you tonight.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Oh.

I see the doubters are in today.... :)

I shall as the pilgrim hold the culinary faith and give this a whirl....
Did you embark on your gastronomic pilgrimage? I'm interested in the results.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I used to get little bags of liver treats for the dogs at the dog club. They had dried ones, which were quite crumbly, and soft ones (boiled and slightly dried perhaps, I don’t really know). So seems doable, but perhaps store it in something that can cope with the crumbs. For longer term storage, I’d store it in the freezer to make sure nothing goes bad.

Reactions: Kadushu

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I used to get little bags of liver treats for the dogs at the dog club. They had dried ones, which were quite crumbly, and soft ones (boiled and slightly dried perhaps, I don’t really know). So seems doable, but perhaps store it in something that can cope with the crumbs. For longer term storage, I’d store it in the freezer to make sure nothing goes bad.
Liver cake. It’s baked like brownies, but liver not chocolate, goes mouldy and smelly really quickly. I reckon properly dried liver would quickly become powder due to the lack of muscle fibres and could be kept that way easily. I’d never eat it, and can see why it’s best taken in capsule form.

Reactions: Kadushu

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
If it crumbles easily, maybe it would be a candidate for making pemican?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE