DD Frontline Tutorial (inc Karabiner mod)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
As a bit of a word of caution (from my own personal experience) on the supplied DD webbing; I've recently noticed areas under load and friction start to become worn quite quickly, and almost look as though they've been subjected to heat. It's mainly concentrated at the loop, where the 'tail' is threaded back through towards the karabiner, but it's also located where the Karabiner clips onto the loop as well.

I still use the DD webbing (I've not got around to changing it yet) but feel that I should possibly be looking to change it as DD probably don't extend a warranty to the tape used in the above way.

Like I said, it's only my personal experience, but it's enough to make me a little nervous.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Yeah, it is a bit bizarre to say the least. I'm using it again tonight so I'll try to get a photo of it. I'm 97kg, so it may be my weight!!

EDIT: Photo added of the area of wear on the standard DD webbing. Time to buy new tape!!

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi nova and pinky are you going to micks place end of may if so i will go through it all with you if you like just bring your gear regards dave

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Hi Dave

Yes we'll be at Mick's at the end of the month. I've rigged my Frontline in a similar way to the first post here and used it successfully last weekend - was just the spreader sticks that were annoying!
Need to see where I can get hold of a spare tent pole :D

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
My set-up is exactly like the one Dave uses, probably because i bought the hammock off him, and i must say it is great, easy to set up and good when in the hammock too. He's a clever guy is our Dave

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE