DD camping hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi I would just like to say that this product is excellant! if there is anyone out there that hasn't spent a night out in the woods in a hammock, you are missing out.

With a hammock there is none of the usual restrictions like level,well drained gound. All you need is a pair of trees.

I recommend anyone that hasn't yet slept in one gets one they are fantastic. They are also a lot smaller, easier to pack away and lighter than a tent.

I ordered mine on the monday and it arrived 9:00 am wednesday morning. I have spent many comfortable and warm nights out with mates.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DD-CAMPIN...ryZ19296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
No matter what you buy or how much of a bargain it is ...

...as soon as you've bought it, someone will come along and say "you could have got it cheaper here" :togo:

It's still a good price for what I'm told is a good bit of kit :) (haven't tried one myself)

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
ya, i just got one of the camping hamocks recently. i never thought i could sleep in a hamock. i cant even sleep in a bunk bed. its normally the ground for me, at home or away. and i sleep on my front. but when i tried the hamock,...best night's sleep i have ever had in my life. i wanna fit one in my bedroom. only comlaint. webbing rope is slightly too short. and for some reason it came with a spare rope. what is that for?

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
is there a link to the group buy? I am on the market for a hammock and tarp. Been looking at dd. If I could get the hammock and tarp cheaper here count me in.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
the extra rope is for if you want to add any extra's for example on the site they used a karibiner ( not sure if that's spelt right ) either that or you can use it to hang a tarp over :p but i know what you mean when i got mine i was like, erm... ok and just threw it in the bottom of my bag but it does come in handy.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
lol sure do ive learnt about 20 things on what to do. Along with what not to do :p ( Ive been doing a few things wrong ) in the past 2 days :p of being a member :)

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
HI, Im new here to.

I bought one of the DD hammocks about two weeks ago two, and was fairly surprised with the results, I did think the ropes where a bit short particularly where I camped the trees where quite big, (so big the ropes wouldnt go round once) but from what ive read on here big trees drop big limbs so not a bad thing.

Need to learn some better knots for it other than the shoe lace approach which i found worked really well, I was a bit skeptical so didnt buy a tarp at first, to save cost, tried it out during the day liked it so may buy a tarp for it soon and do an all nighter,

I found the DD hammock after initially reading up on hennessey hammocks which I think look much better, and more appealing, although not sure the extra bells and whistles are worth the extra £85 or so in difference.

Anyone done a comparison of the available camping hammocks ?

Regards
Stoo.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi I would just like to say that this product is excellant! if there is anyone out there that hasn't spent a night out in the woods in a hammock, you are missing out.

With a hammock there is none of the usual restrictions like level,well drained gound. All you need is a pair of trees.

You never mentioned a tarp if you don't have one then that should be your 2nd buy its a must given the unpredictability of the british weather, I think sandbags was doing a lightweight one as a group buy check it out I have 2 the camping and the travel which has a very fine midge proof netting Oh...and you may need a under blanket.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For general hammocking tips,
check out www.imrisk.com or any of the American hammock camping websites. There's some knot tutorials over on Outdooridiots.com as well.
Seemed like a good time to introduce the places I got some tips from to the novice hammock users.

ATB

Ogri the trog

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
Just got back from my first night in a hammock, DD order on Tuesday arrived on Thursday, I have to say pretty ggod nights sleep apart from the scouts shouting until the early hours.
Once I got over the slight feeling of drunken dizzyness even though only tea had been drunk, I had a really comfortable nights sleep, only problem was thermarest moved about from under me even in the zipped area, may try karrimat next time as comfort is no longer a problem.

However I mirror what others say a good hammock at a reasonable price for those who want to give it a go.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I am now on my second DD hammock and can well recommend them.
I have the newer 2008 model with the bigger Tarp2.
Tested at Glyn y Mul in April and not found wanting, even my 15yr old daughter has one. When used with a closed cell mat underneath and a good bag, they kept us warm and dry down to minus 3.

Did find the tarp a bit heavy, so may just use a cheaper one come the summer months.

Have a couple of photos but as I have just joined, dont know how to post yet, but will do soon
gylnymul1.jpg

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
Great product cheap and durable. The most natural way to sleep for me theres nothing like waking up and being able to see all around you. When I ordered mine I remember there being 2 models and if there still the same buy the travel hammock because it has a mosquito net sewn in. This cuts down on the time it takes to set up and take down. It takes a while to find how you like to set it up some people have it as flat as you can get tight between 2 trees I like to have mine loose with the head end higher than the foot end as if im sleeping in a deck chair sort of. I takes a few goes to work out what you like but its sure worth it.

SSA50899.JPG

Well worth buying from the Group buy section on BCUK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE