DD 3x3 tarp doors.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Radix lecti
Great idea Teepee might look like 'a tent' but each to their own i say.Cheers.

Thanks Radix. I robbed the idea from HF. :bandit:

Silverhill Forge
Brilliant! It makes an already versatile piece of kit, that little bit more versatile.......er!
Thanks Silv.....er. :)

Raikey
i prefer the risk , the small risk of a little blown in rain,

reminds us why were out there in the 1st place,

the doors are done really well, and it gives the option of an enclosure , but i cant help thinking if i got that far i may as well be in a tent.

Setup on the ground, a tent would prob be better, but this suits hammock use much better. At around 800g, the weight compares well with lots of tents.

clive.s
Love the doors. Well made single skin tent you've got there.
Thanks Clive, I'm hoping its well made. The first storm will tell me for sure.

I like your cad tarp Rich. I need cad!

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I like it Teepee, I just tend to tie out from two inner points and take the ends down and across. Works quite well to be honest

tarpwithdoors-1.png

I tried that setup for the first time last weekend. It was really good, not total inclosure but enough to deflect rain. Once tight it seemed better at deflecting wind than the Aframe shape I had originally set it up as.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Nice doors!
I set my 3 by 3 up as Shewie demonstrated. It does block rain, but I set it up like that to trap heat when using the hammock in really cold conditions. Makes such a difference.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice doors!
I set my 3 by 3 up as Shewie demonstrated. It does block rain, but I set it up like that to trap heat when using the hammock in really cold conditions. Makes such a difference.

I noticed that last time I was out, there was a real chill in the air with northerlies blasting in. Not quite a micro climate but it certainly felt more cosy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE