Dartmoor 6 " The Great Moorland Bake Off "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
My little site needs some visitors at some point in the year. I'll be down there in February, as some of you know, plus several other weekends. If anyone wants to some sit round a south Northants fire, just let me know. You'll be more than welcome.

Should help any addicts that can't deal with these "few and far between" Dartmoor meets :p

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Yeah Adam , sounds good , i think Skate and I , maybe even the cokney fellow , will have to pool resources , i think that means share transport ! and try some Northampton air , but if i don't like it , i will stay at your house ok ?

No problem fellas.
I know it's a bit of a trek for most (around the 180-200 mile mark, from Devon), but it would be a nice change of scenery. Plus you'd love to have a nosy around the bunker complex Skate :)

Little teaser of said bunkers...

P1010583.jpg

P1010572.jpg

P1010589.jpg

Plus there's a few pillboxes too.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
No one told me this was an old military complex! Love those sorts of things

Ever visited subbrittania?

These things are very hush hush lol. I've been on there a few times. They have pictures of this place on there somewhere. Not allowed to divulge the name/location to the general public (one of the conditions of use), but there are loads of interesting buildings about.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
If it involves any , going underground , dirty dark places , Skates yer man , he loves it , me on the other hand will be wandering about above ground , whistling , waiting for you guys to reappear ! BRRR !! NO LIKEY !

As you can tell by the photos, i went in the middle of the night...alone...and it was a little spooky, with the wind blowing over the entrance hatch thingie. Will need wellies if you want to walk around the command bunker though, as it's got several inches of water in it most of the year.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Yeah, well up for a nose around old military buildings. Have some interesting ones round my way. A lot have been closed up as bat roosts now though.
Happy to do the driving as well.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
AAAHHH! My weekend will become complete , as i always suffer withdrawal symptoms , after and between meets ! I have managed to talk two very respected members of Dartmoor LTD , to come and play , i couldn't possibly divulge who they are ,you will just have to wait for the photos and write up , of our exploits , suffice to say i am a happy bunny , with much fun and merryment planned , for the next couple of days .

Ivan...

Anyway gotta go , Crimewatch is on in a minute , and i always like to see if i am on !

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well i was going to , give a prize for guessing who the Three Amigo's were , but now we will just have to drink it this weekend , as it would be unfair and too easy , never mind ! Maybe its not that predictable ? could we have just clouded the waters ?.......

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Arry has told me he hopes to come to the Moorland bake off - but told me not to tell you! He spent a number of years in his younger days as a chef, but don't tell him I told you - wouldn't want anybody to think I can't keep a secret.

I might have to visit Northants too but I'll go incognito to check-out the military situation - ssshhhh, don't tell Adam. I've already dyed my mop-head grey, which should make a great 'syrup' and I'll black out a front tooth and dress in jeans - that should be good enough to fool Katie, let alone Adam! Skate: As part of my cunning plan I need you to lose a certain person enroute. Rick: Please PM me some jokes - I need a repertoire or my cover will be blown. Message to self: Buy chainsaw oil.

:D

I'm hoping to get a board meeting of Dartmoor Ltd before March but can't make this weekend - dammit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE