Dartmoor 2 The Revenge ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
solar is great and doesnt need much in way of direct sunlight.... however current cells are not that effieicnet so you need a BIG area of them

this is where the pocket cell type chargers fall down, not enough area to capture enough light

you can get caravan/boat flexible panels that are much more useful, though you then need the regulator and battery to go with it

give it 5 years and pocket photovoltaics will be useful for phones/gps/laptops etc

as for new toys to bring, sadly i have one less toy now, seems i have lost my leatherman charge ti when deconstructing a party with a hangover :( damn...... anyone have friends int he states that would pick me one up and mail it to me as a "gift"? i can find them over there for under £80 but none of them will deliver here, those that will charge more and then with postage and customs i dont save enough to offset the risk and delay..... so in the meantime i have to cope with my mora and a sak :( i really really need my knife, saw, file, scissors, pliers etc and those 'shiny' titanium scales :)

edit: ignore my previous crying about my leatherman, my darling wife has just bought me a new one as an early combo fathersday/summer birthday present :D

went for the local option at £99 delivered from planetgizmo :)

Last edited:

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Hello Dartmoor attendees!

Just wondering if anyone is going to go past Newton Abbot train station on Friday and leaving Sunday?

Turns out I have to take the train now as the wife is working.
Looks like the train arrives at 2pm on Friday and leaves at 12:30 on Sunday.

Anyone passing through? I'll sort out fuel costs the generous person!

Thanks,

Joel

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Joel,

Don't worry we will have it covered will let you know who it will be and what they look like, also what vehicle you will have the pleasure of travelling in

atb Ivan

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Hello Dartmoor attendees!

Just wondering if anyone is going to go past Newton Abbot train station on Friday and leaving Sunday?

Turns out I have to take the train now as the wife is working.
Looks like the train arrives at 2pm on Friday and leaves at 12:30 on Sunday.

Anyone passing through? I'll sort out fuel costs the generous person!

Thanks,

Joel

I can do it Joel, will send you a PM mate

Hi Joel,

Don't worry we will have it covered will let you know who it will be and what they look like, also what vehicle you will have the pleasure of travelling in

atb Ivan

I got it covered Iv, will ring ya over the next few days regarding the anniversary weekend for me n the missus ;)

Feb 6, 2011
none
Well done, Badgers famous mountain rescue , all round good egg, emergency solving skills come to the fore once again ! cheers mate speak soon , off with ardnut Katie this weekend , camping just for a change ! wish me luck she wants to try just carrying what we need , and camping in another spot . Oh yeah thats what this malarkey is all about , sorry forgot for a few secs ...

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Hi Ivan and guys, will be just me on this occassion and only for the friday/saturday, bank holiday weekend and all that, the young uns are wanting to do something different than camping in the wilds, bearing in mind they have already had 3 camps this year so far and another long weekend coming up

yes, they want to go on a day trip! (how nice it is that " something different" is what is normally the tourist traps" :) )

so no lugging marquees about this time, just me and my backpack :) (and beer of course)

1. Badger & Fox
2. Nova & Pinky
3. Dave53
4. Zarkwon
5. savagewolf (Rick)
6. Jon(ajuna)
7. Bushwhacker
8. Crazysaint222 aka savagebushcraft
9. Bazzworx & Yvette
10. Freddyfish + SWMBO (glamping in the cabin)
11. Kard133
12.TeeDee
13. Zebaroon (Joel)
14. The Big Lebowski (Alan)
15. Neumo
16. Emma and Nathan
17. TJRoots (Toby)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I keep popping in to look and try to fit my crazy life life around meeting you all, but once again I am unable to sort my act out. One day, if I may, I'd love to come along.

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hello Everybody , well just a week to go ! Anyone lurking in the wings who wants to come along and try , dont be shy put your name down , we are all a really friendly bunch and it doesn't matter if its your first time , nobody has to do the three days , just come along for the day to see what its all about , free of course , and for anybody thinking big gatherings are not for me , i have plenty of space and secret hideaway spots if you want to be on your own .Also the walk and other bits and pieces are not compulsory , you can hang around camp, or do your own thing . For those that have been before just park in the usual spot and make your way up to the site ( its changed a bit , sorry improved ) Also those who need directions or tel . nos. just shout on here .Well thats about it , so really looking forward to seeing you all and meeting new faces.

bring it on !
Ivan...

ps Mr and Mrs Fish you have been upgraded to 5* cabin accomodation ( you now have a brand new cooker and fridge !)

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hi Joel , just the one cabin and as Mrs Fish does not do camping , he bagged it so he can come and she is more than comfortable, she will love it ! but as you are a right outdoorsy kind of bloke you dont want a cabin , but of course you can have a guided tour as long as the Fish arn't in residence .

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Haha! Cheers mate! I'll be happy just under my tarp, getting stung by mossies, rolling on slugs whilst asleep and waking up to frost bite!

Looking forward to it, probably too early to pack yet...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE