Danger with eggs

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Is Ray Mears having a laugh or what, Me and two freinds stayed out friday night and in the morning we cooked breakfast, Rather than cary the eggs to the car we decided to cook them in the coals like i saw on the tv program wild food, I made a small hole in the top and careully placed them in the ashes, After about ten mins they exploded like you wouldnt beileve, There was egg everywear and one of my freinds got some in his eye,

Egg on your face or what lol

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It needs to be quite a sizeable hole and you stir the contents with a clean stick as it cooks. If not, the hole seals over and you get eggsplosions!

Sorry!

:D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm. I haven't seen the programme but eggs have an airpocket outside the inner skin under the shell. If you pop the egg into water it'll float only one way up, that's the bit you peck a hole into. Otherwise it can pop and sometimes, especially if the shell is really strong, it's a bit feisty. A lot of the factory farmed eggs have very, very weak shells.....not always a bad thing :rolleyes:

Hope your friend's eye is okay.

cheers,
Toddy

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Take a wild guess who got it in the eye Greg lol

What no burning spork story !!!! I am most disappointed it looks like you got off lightly mate. If we had been there you would of burned your muck boots or something :D Its good to see that you are in danger when I am not there so you can no longer blame me :red:

here's egg in your eye

Greg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE