current issue goretex boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Cabs right, pro boot middle new cold weather boot left, the lock eye is set about an inch back from the line of the other eyes, almost in a proper mountain boot style to hold you foot in better while leaving the ankle laces light, I don't think it would make it uncomfortable unless you really yanked on the lacing to tighten it up, but as we know Tight Boots are Terrible!
265171_10150311852119073_539479072_9321669_6506061_n.jpg

though just noticed the second and third eyelets are unlaced, will ask wifley why when she gets home.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
yup both the same, thought it could be a mistake but nope, she was issued them fro the Falklands an whilst there put some decent miles into them on both south island and south Georgia so hopefully it's not just a fashion thang.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
The soles on the british army boots are made of " direct moulded, duel density polyurethane" & not rubber which is why they tend to disintegrate with time, especially in storage.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It's only a fault i've experienced on the proboots. normal assault boots I've never had a problem with the soles, the leather getting shredded, yes.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Yo YO!, spoke to Wifely, yup the missed second and fourth loops are to stop the upper digging in across the top of her foot as they break in, she said that normal man feet( 9/10/11.....) just had the fouth loop missed. superbly comfy and warm, she had single pair issue extreme cold weather socks on an never had cold feet, she was there for the whole winter.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
I prefer to wear my Scarpas instead, the issue version of the Lowa kills my left foot for some reason?. Comfy boots for non tabbing though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE