Crutch Bow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
This was to easy but cheep cost $5 at thrift store for Crutches and this is the pic of how the bow looks after its put together an easy project for those that want a bow but have trouble finding wood or a place to work on a bow...

bow1~0.jpg

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Theres a beautiful joke in there somewhere that just eludes me right now.

Interesting idea though. I'm very keen to know how well it works.

Bill, where did you get the idea for this? Have you used it yet?

Please post something on this bow in action.

Cheers,

Huon

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
I'm thinking if Long John Silver would have had this crutch/bow he might have come out on top in that little treasure hunt.

ARRRAHHHHH!!!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Good piece of lateral thinking there :approve: Very Bushcraft. Was that just one crutch and what's the wood? I can't think where over here we'd find a crutch though!!Did it come already bent to shape?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've not seen wooden crutches over here for years. good idea though, I'd also be interested in seeing how well it shoots.

You could make all sorts of sizes, i remember having wooden crutches when I was 4 so they would have made a great short bow :D

well when ya can find the joke go for it...

I have not been out with this bow yet I have 3 bows I need to test shoot with in a few weeks when I am out for a 2 week trip....

it is laminated no idea what kind of wood it is...

it only has a 15 lb pull so its really only something to play with in camp not really one you can go hunting with but then again small game would be ok....

Nagual - thats very funny...

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
If you dont like the lower draw weight make it a bit smaller, chop a bit off and re-drill the bolt holes ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE