Crusader cup hanger prototype.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
the hinge comment referes to putting a hinge on it, so that when you pick it up, the hinge is locked out at 90o. but when you lay it flat, the pole and the horse shoe section would pivot and lay flat.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
You need to make it from a green stick, and green wood doesn't burn very easily. And what are you hanging it from? Are you carrying a metal tripod too?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i drilled a couple of holes in the rim of my crusader so that i can use a piece of wire or similar to make a bail handle for it should i need to.

as for your idea launditch, i like it, i think it'd be great just as it is (maybe with a splash of the old hi-temp paint) for static camps, if you're prepared to carry in dutch ovens, tripods, grills, pot hangers etc. then a mug hanger is neither heavy nor awkward IMHO. hinges, threaded handles, bendy bits, all irrelevant, it's still gonna be too heavy for most people to even contemplate putting it in a rucksack and carrying it anywhere, leave it as is and just add it to the half tonne of cast iron cookware that a lot of us like to use for fixed camps.

stuart

jUst use a bit of bent wire like coat hanger / welding rod

Crusaderhanger2.jpg

Crusaderhanger1.jpg

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
I like the sound of that!I did have static camps in mind when making it...
Now if only i could make it from titanium and get it to fold to the size of a postage stamp:p

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sorry, I meant rather than the vertical, hanging rod/hook being fixed with a weld, loosely flush rivet the rod to the collar so it will rotate 90 degrees for storage.

ATB

Tom

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Bit of an old thread, but I modded my launditch lid, and crusader mug recently by adding a wire bail.

Click on thumbnail for larger photo.

Easy to do, just use grinder to make two 'V' notches in SS lid, punch out two small holes opposite each other on mug, loop wire through, and crimp with electrical crimps. File down the rough sections.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE