Creepy Tech?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Hmmm, I just watched a video with that in, ok looks impressive. However there were no kids playing with it at all, a couple of shots with some adults tentatively touching it briefly. Actually let [say three] kids loose on it and within 10 mins you'd have a pile of bent pistons. I find it curious as to how this actually seeks people out, it seemed to be moving on a predefined course.

Robots seldom fare well in the real world as HitchBot discovered recently.
Does not appear to be tracking/interacting with humans so there's a gap between what it does and what the creator would like it to do, so are safe for the moment.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I don't find it creepy at all.

I think the spin that it's seeking out kids isn't really true - it's just moving around not specifically looking for them. I find it a bit odd that no kids were playing with it at all.....

I suspect it would end up flipped over with a kid / kids under it in no time!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Don't know if any of you caught "Humans" on C4 lately? Quite an interesting take on how machines fitted; or didn't into our society.
So saying I find close approximations of humans slightly creepier than something that is an outright machine. Like Stepford Wives, dummies, dolls, scarecrows & clowns it's that NQR factor that kicks in with me.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE