Craeg's Aussie Swag Design

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hiya all

Here is an Aussie swag I have made as part of a swap.

The fabric is heavy duty 15oz waterproof/rotproof brown canvas. All stitching is done with high strength Barbour poly lubed thread which ends were melted to stop running stitches and all seems/hems were triple or quad stitched for strength and waterproofing.

The edges were also covered with poly webbing for added strength and increase wearing and the zip is a YKK #10 heavy duty fella which is bombproof. Finally it all rolls up with some handmade leather straps with brass buckles. The GB SFA is in the shot for scale and the colour is brown but the pics have a blue tinge which is false.

The stitching was all done with my 1951 Singer 3/4hp industrial sewing machine which easily stitched through about 6-7 layers of canvas or 8-10mm of leather which is awesome.

I made it to be absolutely bombproof as too often I have bought things that have let me down due to poor or inadequate manufacturing :(

Anyway see what you think :)

Rolled up for packing

photo.jpg

Fully laid out

photo6.jpg

Canopy strung up

photo4.jpg

ATB
Craeg

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I like your idea on the swag. Dose the canopy come down on the sides to protect the head from the weather.

Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE