Covid 2nd jab

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It was a joke, a play on words, a deliberate mis-take on the "95%" wording. I do not really think I am 95% immortal. The day after my Jab I did not win the lottery..... am I to blame that on the vaccine. Chill people CHILL

Yeh, a bit like my life membership of BCUK telling me I will die in January 2038 :( - I was hoping for a bit longer than that but at least it allows me to prepare :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My Indian friend who works for the NHS has had her jabs, -was one of the first.

(But she is the GP)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I had my first AZ vaccine a few weeks ago.
That was on a Sat morning. By that night I was shivering and felt cold in bed.
On the Sunday I felt like I had a hangover, vague, bad head and aching all over.
I still had an appetite though.
By Monday I was OK other than being a bit tired and that continued through the week. Bear in mind that I was starting work at half seven in the morning and fairly clattering on so if I miss a bit of sleep on a weekend I don't get much chance to catch up during the week.
Anyway, I've recently had a text about my second jab but have been unable to book and appointment due to the numbers of people getting theirs.
I'm not too fussed just yet cos its still pretty early on anyway.

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
Second jab Thursday next week, to bear some trepidation over this one since I was recently told I had an autoimmune condition - of which actually came to bear with the first jab, the AZ formulation, within ten minutes of it but fortunately I knew what to do to avoid where that was leading. to in reporting that experience to the consultant cause him to say ah yeah the condition is autoimmune, I best inform your GP.

Dec 30, 2003
Herefordshire
IMO while my post might have been inappropriate for this thread I am sorry, and saddened, that some of you respond so virulently to others' opinions. I have to put up with yours. You could at least be polite when telling me you disagree or feel it inappropriate. I was up for a discussion and provided links to help people understand where we lockdown and Covid experimental vaccine sceptics are coming from. There is a significant percentage of people out there with similar views to me and it would be good if we could all be tolerant to each other.

I will not post on this thread again.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I made a joke about being 95% immortal. This is is joke, it is untrue but it is not a lie. It was a play on the wording in an NHS notice concerning aftereffects I am able to make jokes about things that are serious because I separate distorted "facts" to make them funny and real facts in my mind. I do not spout B&ll Sh&t facts, I just spout B&ll Sh&t, see the difference there?

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Blah blah blah

See, you’ve gone and done it again – hijack someone’s thread with your own agenda.

No one is under any obligation to engage with you or your ideas, especially not when there’s a bucket load of science out there already that has answered your ‘opinion’. Deal with it. Try starting your own thread instead of hijacking someone else’s.

You are demonstrating all the tactics of a right-wing conspiracy theorist – the aim is to undermine science, facts, and proof by offering misleading ‘data’ that the average person does not have the time or ability to corroborate, with the purpose of furthering their own specious political position.

I’m not going to give your ideas any credibility by engaging with them when they’ve already been refuted by science and, yes, by experts – not idiots on Facebook and fringe websites.

You have freedom of expression, but you do not have freedom of repercussions.

I hope that was suitably polite for you.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Had my second jab last week, A.Z. The nurse who gave it did it so well I barely felt it.
Slightly more tired than usual the following day, apart from that no problems at all. Same went for my wife.

Dave.

Reactions: Dougster

bearbait

I've had both mine now, with little side effect other than a sore arm for a day, and the odd (slightly more than usual) weird dream. Perhaps a very slight decrease in enthusiasm for a day or so.

Both my jabs were early evening. My memory is of nurses still being cheerful at that time of day, having been working for hours, and still game for a laugh or a little banter; the volunteers and the military helping in the car park, directing traffic and people like flights landing at Heathrow.

All a good experience after the previous 12 months. So my thanks to them...

Reactions: TeeDee and Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've had both mine now, with little side effect other than a sore arm for a day, and the odd (slightly more than usual) weird dream. Perhaps a very slight decrease in enthusiasm for a day or so.

Both my jabs were early evening. My memory is of nurses still being cheerful at that time of day, having been working for hours, and still game for a laugh or a little banter; the volunteers and the military helping in the car park, directing traffic and people like flights landing at Heathrow.

All a good experience after the previous 12 months. So my thanks to them...
Mine were late afternoon, and both times the staff were excellent. I asked the friendly older male volunteer who steered people towards the booths how long he’d been there. He replied, “Today? Since 8.00 this morning”. There was definitely a feeling of community and professionals pulling together, a very British thing is the fighting spirit.

Reactions: TeeDee

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I´m getting my first tomorrow. Just hoping I won´t get any bad side effects.

I am pretty sure that some people have convinced themselves into having a 'bad few days' after their jabs (not anyone on here of course)! However, there is no doubt that others have reacted badly; my wife's cousin was in bed for over two weeks.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Had both of mine now. First gave me a fuzzy head for a day. The second nothing at all. The wife is needle phobic but, due to health conditions, she braved it out and had her two with no serious after effects

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE