Cornish RV 3rd to the 6the April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

hi. what is the RV?

It's a small event that's run by footsteps of discovery in Cornwall. It's one of the few events that I get to nowadays because of work, but because I will be there as part of Green-Craft I get to meet people that I would have liked to have met through the year. I also get to meet up with those that have been going as long as I have and longer.

I have been going for a number of years, I think I missed the very first one, but have been to all since.

Anyway the event is basically camping in the woods with controlled open fires, it has a number of stands which are paid and a number of lectures given by the footsteps of discovery staff or guests. On one evening they do a meal that's either pit cooked or the meat could well be cooked on an argentinian spit (that's paid for seperately). They have been known to show survival based films / dvd if there is interest in the evening. One of the guys that comes down has an events license so he actually sets up a bar in the woods as well.

There's also an axe throwing competition where every one entering puts a pound into the pot and the best male and best female get the divided pot. Last year one of the company directors won, he donated the money to charity (I think it was SSAFA).

I would have posted earlier in the year, but as I am classed as an exhibitor (I also work for footsteps from time to time as an instructor), so it could be said that I have a vested interest and this could be classed as advertising and it would be against forum rules.

Really what I am trying to do is find out who that I know is coming down, it's always nice to meet up and have a chat. :)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I fancy this leon, tickets in advance?
I am up on Exmoor and have not been out much just latly.
I think Dave ( Budd ) goes, he is a pal and it would be nice to catch up with him and say hi to you!

Best.

Chris.

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
Thanks. I had a quick look on google and as it happens I am down in Cornwall at my caravan that weekend so I will drop in on Sunday. looking forward to it

leon-1

I fancy this leon, tickets in advance?
I am up on Exmoor and have not been out much just latly.
I think Dave ( Budd ) goes, he is a pal and it would be nice to catch up with him and say hi to you!

Best.

Chris.

Hi Chris, yep Dave is normally down for this one and I believe he will be for this one also. I believe that you can pay on the day or you can drop spanner a line. I don't like posting e-mail and such like in open forum so I can drop you a line on PM if you wish.

Thanks. I had a quick look on google and as it happens I am down in Cornwall at my caravan that weekend so I will drop in on Sunday. looking forward to it

Okay haytor7, it'll be good to meet you. The morning on Sundays people are selling kit (A bit like a bring and buy), a lot of the exhibitors are still running all the way through as far as I know (we always have in the past), but please come and say hello as the people from the west country have far too few meetups. :D

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Will be aiming to overnight it this year! As it's also Easter, it may be an issue but we'll see. Only managed to pop up for the day last 2 years on the Saturday. Great location and a good atmosphere for meets.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Won't be there this year as the Maritime Museum has asked me to do something in connection with their Viking exhibition. It is a great weekend and the Footsteps people are great.

It's a shame Duncan, it'd be good to see you again with the two Simons :D

Big Simon is normally representing you pretty well with things shiney though.

Just realised I wont be far away visiting In laws in Bodmin Moor Sunday till mid week for easter :( on the bright side i should have my new rimfire rifle and they are Crawling with Bunny's :D so should stock the freezer

haven't seen you for a catch up in a few years Leon :(

leon-1

Just realised I wont be far away visiting In laws in Bodmin Moor Sunday till mid week for easter :( on the bright side i should have my new rimfire rifle and they are Crawling with Bunny's :D so should stock the freezer

haven't seen you for a catch up in a few years Leon :(

We'll get there for a meet up at some stage mate and I'll bring along some apple mead for good measure. :D

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i shall be there as normal :) Well, I expect so any way. I haven't actually been invited yet, but that is pretty normal (I get a call from the organisers a couple of weeks before to check if I am coming or not!).

leon-1

Dave I am sure that you're on their website as being there.

I've just spoken to Spanner, he said that he was sure that you'd already been invited and that it wouldn't be the same without you. He also asked that if you haven't had the invite already then to tell you that your are invited without question of a doubt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE