Cool bushcraft domain names

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
when you search "bushcraft" on evil e-bay i am always suprised about the amount of matches it finds, although some dont really have much to do with bushcraft.

your question is a tricky one, if you do decide to list it on ebay have you considered using the reserve option, after all something is only worth what another person is prepared to pay for it. if you feel it is worth more, then using the reserve option means that if you are not happy with the final price you dont have to sell as long as the reserve is not met.

if you kept hold of it and sold at a later date you may get more money as bushcraft grows and becomes enjoyed more and more people. on the other hand you may get less, who can predict?

is there not a better way than listing it on e-bay? a web site that deals solely with the sale of domain names perhaps?

good luck....stu

Shepherd

Tenderfoot
Thanks Stu, good advice. Putting a reserve on could be a good plan but a part of me hopes that someone passionate about bushcraft will buy it and it could end up being a site i visit. I think bushcrafters visit ebay where as corporations visit the domain sale sites.

Perhaps i'll flip a coin. :)

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Shepherd said:
Hi all,
Do you think there would be much interest if i put the domain name bushcrafter.com on ebay.. should I sell it or hang on to it?
why register if your not going to use it???
It just stops fellow bushcrafters who may want it and use it getting it.
At the end of the day the only person going to buy it is a fellow bushcrafter,
So the Q is do we help fellow bushcrafters or shaft them?? :)

Reactions: redcollective

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
you wouldn't get an offer from me i could just go and register one of these
bushcrafter.net
bushcrafter.org
bushcrafter.us
bushcrafter.info
bushcrafter.name
bushcrafter.biz
bushcrafter.tv
bushcrafter.ws
bushcrafter.cc
bushcrafter.bz
bushcrafter.de
or
bushcrafter.co.uk

the search i did for these domain names suggested that shrubcrafter.com was a similar name that i might like to buy this made me giggle a bit ( yes i know I'm sad)so i tried a search for shrubcraftuk.com and guess what is free.:cool:
So I'm of to invent my own school of thought on the great outdoors the skills used there and call it "Shrubcraft" Tony i think your going to have some competition:lmao:do you think I could get a book deal and a TV series out of this too;)

oh and didn't registering a domain name and sitting on it and demanding payment get called cybersquatting at one time.

James

Shepherd

Tenderfoot
spoony said:
why register if your not going to use it???
It just stops fellow bushcrafters who may want it and use it getting it.
At the end of the day the only person going to buy it is a fellow bushcrafter,
So the Q is do we help fellow bushcrafters or shaft them?? :)

Easy now.. there's no shafting going on.. I bought it to do a podcast but my other podcast takes up all of my time. I have lots of domains for heaps of websites I maintain. Call it a hobby or whatever.. I used to like buying lots of what is effectively nothing and thought about thinning the mass.

.eu's are expensive at the moment.. I bought 3rdeye.eu as 3rdeye.com was $70,000 !!! :eek:

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
a very good friend and i made a pact a few years ago to always laugh when someone says bushcraft - to be more specific we have to laugh between the bush and the craft bit
yes i know childish
pointless
but if i can save enough money up im going to send him on a ray mears course
lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE