cook set and mess tins- whats your choice?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Soldier of Fortune do this set
sofbilly8go.jpg

Not a bad price either.. Link below

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.asp

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
There is a nice story about a guy who wandered into a John Lewis store and said to the assistant he wanted to exchange all his ally pans as he was worried about the effect of the metal on his mind. Sounds very sensible, only it turns out he was 90! Story made the local papers here some years ago. Just goes to show that age is all in the mind.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I got a tiffin box set of e-bay which was recommended on this board a few months back. With postage (UK) it came to less than 4 pounds.
I used to use a tin can boiler and a sort of metal plate (actually half an American Civil war reenactment canteen)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Trangia 25,27 or military give you pans plus a burner. I also use army mess tins and a set of old "Bulldog" brand nesting pans.

I don't mind using Aluminium as its link with alzhiemers is by no means confirmed

I am looking at the Zebra pans, they look very good indeed

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I cook with a '28 Mini Trangia and eat out of a cheap plastic kiddies bowl that came in a box of Quaker Oatmeal. It's green but when it becomes warm from the food it changes colour. :) I eat with a lexan spork, part spoon part fork. My coffee cup is an old plastic Robin's Donuts mug with a snap on lid that nestles nicely around a 1 litre Nalgene bottle. The water bottle, which sits inside the mug and has the lid sitting next to it goes into a side pocket on my pack. My fuel bottle goes on the other side where there is another attached pocket.

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE