Confessions of a bushcrafter with many other interests

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Another used to do wa archery for a year at uni. Did look into getting back into it when left uni as back home was not too far from the Salmesbury longbow club (whatever its called).

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Pinky and I both play in our uber LEGO loft (we're building a city and have tonnes of the stuff including some valuable vintage sets, but still need more!) - more a winter thing though as it's too nice to be inside when it's bright outside.

Incidentally we're also both gamers, and actually met in an online game (EVE Online) three years ago. Whilst we don't play EVE anymore, we're both now playing World of Tanks (where I've discovered I'm not too bad at Arti) and I'm also currently playing Civilization V.

I love cooking (especially baking), reading (mainly fantasy and sci-fi), pottering around in the garden and have a newfound addiction to whittling (mainly spoons atm).

Pinky is into RC cars (he has a 1/5 scale Baja 5b) and mountain bikes.

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
Oh god...

I make and sell eco-friendly candles (craft-hobby/2nd job), calligraphy, pyrography, geo-caching, sketching, canoeing, PS3 gaming (beta-tester for Sony), paintballing, snowboarding, cycling, RC helicopters, write iPhone apps, create websites for people, make autonomous robots and other electronic weirdness, umm....

End of Line!

Last edited:

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Another toy train person here (sorry, model rail enthusiast ;) ) and I'm mad about all things boaty, trying to sell a very fine yacht so I can move inland with the family on a nice little motorboat.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Hmm, messing about in boats; my canoe and sailing dinghy. Camping, though the way I camp has become known as Bushcrafting these days. I grow fruit 'n' veg and keep bees. Used to live for motorcycles, but prefer to channel my funds to boats these days. A bit of archery when I can and *nix computing. Oh yeah, I juggle a bit!

Al

jamin

Forager
Nov 27, 2006
lincoln
www.piczo.com
i curently enjoy scouting , carving , fishing ,air rifle shooting. wanting to do some of my older interests again which include kayaking canoeing climbing sailing walking

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i dabble in arty stuff as is my training, also enjoy fishing, collecting and researching militaria, but bushy stuff is taking over, learning new stuff is something i enjoy, i'm a useless fact kinda guy! but since moving to norfolk and being near my other halfs family i've kinda been under the father in laws wing, so been doing some shooting and game prep, learning about the countryside in these parts. just enjoy being out and about tho with a young family its dificult sometimes. getting more into the 'food for free' and and animal watching.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Paranormal investigator

Ooh, that's always something I've wanted to have a go at - do you do it as part of a group, or did you just decide to do it off your own bat?

Been doing it for a few years now and helped start a new group after my last group became a bit to political with whos friend are you BS. The group i'm with is: http://www.portsmouthghostclub.com/ Unfortinitly the site is down at present.

I'm one of the more Sceptical members and believe 98% or Paranormal can be explained with logic and science but the 2% is what keeps me coming back for more.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
making, anything... i love being creative..
knives and other cutting tools..
hunting, shooting, stalking..
primitive hunting weapons..
knife making..
chilling with freinds and other great people..
music..
films..
walking massive distances at ridiculous o-clock in the morning

Last edited:

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Fly fishing when I get the time.
Guitar repairs
Amp repairs
Playing guitar (mostly bluegrass on the acoustic but have been known to rock out with the electrics)
An awful lot of dog walking (they are young and full of beans so require a lot of time at the beach)
Watching dolphins (at the beach, see above!)
Ornithology and wildlife watching in general
Tinkering around with sharp things and putting handles on them
Cooking, especially on my barbeque / smoker (my beer butt chicken rocks IMHO)
Spending as much time outside as I can (which is never enough)

That's about it really...

Will Bowden

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2009
Exmoor
www.MuddyRedLandRover.co.uk
If I'm not working I'm out with the dogs (deerhound lurcher and Patterdale terrier) or cycling either offroad on my old Ribble R4 hardtail or onroad on my 1980s classic Bianchi roadbike.

I have driven offroad for pleasure and work for many years but don't compete any more due to the monumental cost of my driving style when I start getting competitive. I have a Series Two Land Rover sat awaiting the day when I have finished fixing my 110, I suspect that day os years away yet.

Will :)

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Scouting
Gardening (veg not flowers)
Building set for Gilbert and Sullivan plays (MUGSS)
Being stage crew for said plays

reading (SF and fantasy)
Model railways,
Both 4mm to the foot scale and 12 inches to the foot scale (play with one 8 mile train set and another 12 mile one)

Ape_Ogre

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2010
Southport, UK
Hobbies are great, just never enough time, still love my role playing, playing lord of the rings online, walking the dog (Monty, a rescued bedlington terrier), films, books, local art group, cycling, used to do archery, kendo & judo and have played bass guitar and cello... too many interesting things in the world and not enough time...

Thecarotidpulse

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 23, 2009
Ottawa Canada
Mornin!

Unfortunately not much to reply.... Bushcrafting is my fav hobby, so if i'm not on shift i'm at home working on gear projects or the like.
I do enjoy reading and learnign of all kind... Rennaisance man project here!

Cheers,

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Hi there,

My hobbies is Bushcraft, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Mountaineering, Caving and Martial Arts and have just bought an Ocean Kayak for my new adventure!

Happy days!

Oh yeah! I love my music......

Last edited:

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
My wife would say that my hobby is collecting hobbies. To be fair though most of my hobbies are all related. Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, mountain biking, canoeing and kayaking, but I do also enjoy playing guitar and bass, beekeeping and attempting to sketch and paint.

Rob84

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2006
Tamworth,Staffordshire
Here is a few of the things I like to do.

Anything Crafty
Birding/Wildlife Watching
Photography
10m Air Pistol
Retro Gaming
Catapults/Slingshots
Transformers
LEGO
Reading
Yoyoing
Finding new hobbies ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE