Confessions of a bushcrafter with many other interests

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Reading, Martial arts,collecting German war medals(On hold for a while),a bit of the fitness stuff now and then and monkeying about with old tools.

Shooting.
rsaandknp098.jpg

rsaandknp058.jpg

smileyface224-1.jpg

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i...like...martial...arts...traditional..jiu..jitsu...aikido...going..out..on..my..dirt..bike...ps3....walking...and..i..am..taking..up
Krav...maga..this..year!!

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Sea Fishing... 1/8 Rallycross... Cooking for friends and generally making stuff or pottering around.

Loving my new found interests though!

al.

alan whelan

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 5, 2010
Cork Ireland
Canoeing, kayaking, surfing, fishing, hillwalking, GPS, archery, wood turning, knife making, machine building, DIY computers and drinking. I have been around for a long time and I seem to focus in on one or two things at a time, Winter is Canoeing, kayaking, surfing and hillwalking Summer is fishing, camping, Bushcraft and bit and pieces of every thing else. DIY computers and drinking are all year round. Alan

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Reading, playing chess (badly), and dabbling in jam/chutney making.

And sitting at the computer reading the BCUK forum, which I seem to spend far too much time doing!

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I read an awful lot, Sci-Fi mostly, just re-reading a couple of books by Ian M banks (excession and The Algebraist) also Dan Simmons' Hyperion omnibus was devoured a short while ago. throwover from my teenage years is the Warhammer and 40k books i read which in general aren't overly clever but decent pulp and a bit of fun.

Fair bit of computer gaming, never could get the hang of consoles tbh it feels more natural to hold a joystick or mouse, i've been playing 1993's Frontier: Elite II recently on my miggy emulator (have the original game for my Amiga) and i bought the F.E.A.R collection and L4D2 on steam over the christmas holidays.
i also indulge in a fair bit of Silent Hunter III with the grey wolves mod which turns it into a seriously Uber simulation. its just a joy to detect a target in the half moonlight, submerge and line up for the kill, set your torpedo's Angle on Bow, running speed, calculate the distance and running time to make sure it intercepts and then fire off a spread. Beautiful sight to see those 10,000 GRT erupt into flame, list and sink to the bottom! then of course escape the enemy destroyers now intent on your doom! my grandfather who served in the merchant navy probably wouldn't approve but its one of my favourite ever games.

I've not painted anything for a while but i would still list it as a hobby, i've got more games workshop stuff then most standard E class GW stores (small ones) and SWMBO has made me throw alot of it out! name a game system from GW i've probably got it and a couple of armies for it.

I play alot of guitar, i mean an awful lot. every night i'm practising one piece or another and i do regular Open mics in the town. hoping to get some more recording sorted this year too and me and a m8 getting some regular gigs going for the two of us :D

Pete

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I play pool. Have played in a league for 16 years and used to supplement my apprentice wages by playing for £10 a game in my younger days. I earnt more on a Friday afternoon than I did in a week. I was also chairman of the league for a few years.
I still like watching local football, but have given up playing and managing now.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Airsoft, when I have the free time and a bit of spare cash that is.
Blacksmithing when I'm in Dorset - haven't done much else over this holiday :D

but usually playing computer games and surfing the forums. ;)

Andy

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I like doing all things crafty or at least attempting to lol, ATM i'm looking at leatherwork, bladesmithing, stock removal and wood carving oh and talking daily to you lot lol

Dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I used to play golf, everyday at one point. It all got a bit too serious when I got to a good level, I eventually decided to hang up my clubs a couple of years ago.

I canoe quite a lot, get out on my bike when I can, lots of walking in the Dales and Lakes, started snowboarding this year which I'm hooked on at the mo.

I tinker around with alcohol stoves quite a lot, I mess about with hammocks and tarp stuff, read lots of books and occasionally spend some time with the wife :)

Oh and I post on here quite a bit too

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Archery- Target & Field, Been a lifelong angler but I am concentrating on flyfishing for multi species for the forseeable and from my Kayak, just got back into moutain biking and strangely, running (and running strangely!);) Have my two doggies to take care of, learning the Harmonica, listening out for new music/live music. Trying to leave the UK

Of course, Sharp & shineys and then there's the catapults, hammocks, other cutting things, firey things......... everything else outdoorsy............

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Reading (Current book, Just started The Silmarillion), Walking, Mountain Biking, Electronic Gadget's......psp( playing all the old game consoles on it atari etc....ps3.....BLACK OPS:yikes:......

My biggest hobby is trying to find the time to do my hobbies... :D

Martial arts - I teach jujutsu at a local club; started on judo when I was 8, and been studying various arts ever since (the big Five Oh looms next year). Mainly jujutsu since 82.
Amateur dramatics - performing on stage, building sets, making props, writing lyrics. Just auditioned for a part in The Mikado for a production in May.
Playing music - guitar, piano, trumpet. Mostly for my own amusement, although I did a couple of gigs with the guitar last year.
Making things!
Helping out with the local Scout group, teaching outdoorsy stuff and being one of the usual suspects when stuff needs putting up, taking down etc.
Breeding cats - although this is more the Management's hobby than mine :)
Collecting firewood for the woodburner - possibly more of an obsession than a hobby :rolleyes:
Reading: sci-fi, historical, anything really.

Oh, and spending too much time on internet forums :D

Last edited:

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Banning spammers
Designing & drawing coats of arms
Genealogy
History (mesolithic, medievals, WW2, dutch history)
Reading
Fishing
Cooking
Swimming
I'd like to pick up golf, sky- & scuba diving again (costs ...)
GF

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE