Completely mad in a Kayak !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
go to most big water if there's a kyaker about they'll try it.. lol

I know I ve doe some silly things in one over the years when I was young, and been on some big water like that.... :)

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Yip mad. I used to do a bit of serious whitewater when I was younger as well. Age and sense sorted that out though.
A Pic of yours truly in action

P7040585.jpg

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I lost a canoe once in whitewater. Capsized, got out, canoe got swept away. I couldn't swim so didn't try saving it. Instructor unimpressed. :D

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Looks a pretty good workout :)

I lost a canoe once in whitewater. Capsized, got out, canoe got swept away. I couldn't swim so didn't try saving it. Instructor unimpressed. :D

Is it common for non swimmers to canoe/kayak?

Tried both when young at school, always been interested in getting one since, but my lack of swimming ability has always put me off, even with a buoyancy aid.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk

Tried both when young at school, always been interested in getting one since, but my lack of swimming ability has always put me off, even with a buoyancy aid.

I don't know.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Not lost any myself but put plenty of holes in them... used to teach at Cardington years ago when they used upside down fiberglass tubs held down by turnbuckes, in to eyes in the floor... and they used to punch nice holes in the bottom of the boat..

Then Holme Perpoint and Teeside came along..... :)

Lloydus

Sep 29, 2013
Monmouthshire
I had a fully converted kayak for sea fishing in the bristol channel but when my dive reel anchor got stuck off Penarth beach it was a proper brown pants moment. I sold it afterwards. Wasnt worth the risk.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk

I'm a BCU level one paddlesport coach and I cant swim. I do have a very good buoyancy aid that helps me move about on the surface of the water quite well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE