Competiton - Win a pellet pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
rapidboy said:
a picture postcard snap of a sunset is not "bushcraft" to me ,it's nature in all it's glory.
Bushcraft to me is the interaction with nature and a picture of "bushcraft " should show that.

Just MO

I liked the fire pic SquirrelBoy ,nothing as relaxing as staring into a camp fire :biggthump

rb
Cheers Rb - your not alone I feel the same.

Its nice to see a beautiful setting but im not sure thats the `spirit of bushcraft`.

I feel its what we DO with nature and how she provides for us - be it food, water, fire or shelter - that is bushcraft to me. Using mother nature and helping us to live in harmony with her, its all possible with the special knowledge that bushcraft brings.

Just my thoughts :biggthump

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'll have to submit my avatar. It's maybe not the most bushcrafty but it was taken whilst on a walk with my family. It seemed such a nice peaceful place. I was there with people who I now don't get to see as much as I'd like. The place is very special to me as I've been around that area with both friends and family. It is my tie with the people back home and also thoughs who have gone off and doing different things learning new skills.
bakewell.jpg

I'll get the bigger picture on after dinner.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
tomtom said:
iv not mannaged to get hold of the picture which somes up bushcraft for me (not that i think one picture can do it) but if i had to pic one it would be a freeze frame from one of rays programs.. i dont remember where they were it may have been russia or the german backforest one.. but the moment it when ray meets a man who has been living in the wilderness for sometime but has never mastered the bow drill ray shows him how to do it and the man manages it.. the shot i would choose is the one of that mans face after he has jus done it for the first time.. rapture-joy.. i can describe as we well know id need a thousend words

I have tried but never managed it and im sure the feeling is one of total elation.
408_0822_1.jpg
408_0831_1.jpg

408_0832_1.jpg
408_0823_1.jpg

rb

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I think that each of us find something within bushcraft that gives it all meaning to us. Trying to find just one out of all of it would probably be an impossibility for most of us. I know it is for me.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
rapidboy said:
The spirit of bushcraft ?
Well to me bushcraft is about stoping and taking time to look around and spend a little time just taking it all in.
I spend as much time as i can outdoors and nature never stops amazing me.
Last night i went lamping rabbits but spent most of the night walking along with a badger ,it let me follow it all around the field and it was a privilege to be so close so a wild animal in it's environment.
You don't need to go to a rain forest or a desert (although it would be nice) to appreciate nature because it's all around us.
You don't have to travel very far to find amazing things ,you just have to take the time to stop and see them.
The spirit of bushcraft is not about the latest tent ,most expensive handmade knife or what coat "Ray" is wearing this week ,it's about being able to feel completely at home in the natural environment.

Well said Rapid boy....Couldn't have put it better myself :super:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE