Competiton - Win a pellet pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Another competition for you. Mike Wilkins has kindly offered a Large brown pellet pouch as a prize. This will be sent to the winner by him.

Here’s a pic of the pouch!!

light-brown_large.jpg

Right, now the competition… :wink:

I want a picture that best captures the spirit of bushcraft, a short accompanying description would be useful but not imperative.

I’ll close this thread on the 11th Dec and announce the winner soon afterwards. :biggthump

Good luck all :uu:
Tone

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Crikey !

That was worth posting that link then :eek:):

Nice one Mike

Now where's my camera...

Cheers

Mark

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
For the record, I don't consider this photo as being entered into the competition. Just wanted to share my thoughts with a bad photo. :eek:):

Each item in the photo represents something within bushcraft. What I had in mind was to honor the Earth, those living things in Nature that give us continued life by giving a part of, or all of themselves and by honoring those ancestors that made me who I am in both the spiritual and physical worlds.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
The spirit of bushcraft ?
Well to me bushcraft is about stoping and taking time to look around and spend a little time just taking it all in.
I spend as much time as i can outdoors and nature never stops amazing me.
Last night i went lamping rabbits but spent most of the night walking along with a badger ,it let me follow it all around the field and it was a privilege to be so close so a wild animal in it's environment.
You don't need to go to a rain forest or a desert (although it would be nice) to appreciate nature because it's all around us.
You don't have to travel very far to find amazing things ,you just have to take the time to stop and see them.
The spirit of bushcraft is not about the latest tent ,most expensive handmade knife or what coat "Ray" is wearing this week ,it's about being able to feel completely at home in the natural environment.

395_9503_L_1.jpg

I slept very well that night.

rb

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I simply call this one....... "Brew anyone ??"

bushman5zr.jpg

Bushcraft..... The smell of woodsmoke. Watching it rise in the night towards a sky filled with stars, like pinpricks in a velvet cloak. The crackle of the burning wood and the way the flames dance their endless tango. The smell of a bushcraft stew, foraged hours before just 'coming to nature' in the billy, and the sound of woodland creatures going about their business as night falls. Then there's the snug feeling of being in a warm dry sleeping bag when the rain is hammering down on the tarp...... Nothin short of fantastic.

hootchi

Settler
Hmmm... the spirit of bushcraft.

For me this picture is what it is all about. Without this man alot of us would not be here. Even people who have seen a couple of his programs may be inclined to think differently realising that the countryside needs to be looked after but can be used to

He has made bushcraft much more acceptable in that other walkers do not think of us as wanna be SAS men. We are like Ray on the telly. :wink:

I know for one I wouldn't be here.
Ray_Mears.gif
Good old Ray :biggthump
Thanks

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
This isn't very good but I don't have many even remotely bushcrafty photos.
But here i am, cooking over the fire, surrounded by the woods, blowing life into my fire. About to go into fits of coughing running bleary eyed around the camp...

100_0563.jpg

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
To me `The Spirit of Bushcraft` is a campfire

campfire5zm.jpg

It is everything, it keeps us warm, makes water safe for us to drink, cooks our food etc..
..but its more than that - its a point of contact to our ancestors, a link to the times and the people long since gone. It lives and breathes - it has life and gives life and without it we would never have made it this far...

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Giancarlo said:
well.. if we don't have to submit photo's we've taken..
i'd like to submit all these
http://www.bushcraftuk.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=98

Any photo Stuart has ever taken... the little ******!

Only joking, but i'm sure one of them is a prize winner in it's own right.
grrr ;)

Cheers
Carlo

Ain't that the truth.. The monkey is everywhere Imagine the scenario...

"Dr Livingstone I presume??" "Actually I'm Stuart from BCUK, do sit down and have a cup of tea!" :rolmao:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I don't actually have a picture to post really but for me I think it would have to be a picture of the wide outdoors, not just of the fire or your camp.
A wide open area, I'm thinking of the wallpaper picture on Windows 2000 of the snow covered trees, I can't post it because I'm at home now and haven't got Win 2000 on this pc !
After all the whole idea of bushcraft is to get out into these areas and enjoy nature as part of it.
Pictures of fires and camps are nice but I feel it constricts your view too much - mother nature is out there in all her glory, just waiting to ambrace us - if we'll let her.

I'll try and post a picture if I have time and can find one...

Cheers

Mark

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Buckshot said:
but for me I think it would have to be a picture of the wide outdoors, not just of the fire or your camp.

I don't see it like that at all.

This is a shot taken from my camp at the end of the summer.
After a days fishing we landed on a small island just off shore and set up camp.

403_0344_1.jpg

My girlfriend and I had just finished a beautiful meal of freshly caught mackerel cooked over an open fire and as the sun was setting i took that pic.
It was a beautiful evening and we had a great nights sleep under the basha with the most spectacular night sky ,but a picture postcard snap of a sunset is not "bushcraft" to me ,it's nature in all it's glory.
Bushcraft to me is the interaction with nature and a picture of "bushcraft " should show that.

Just MO

I liked the fire pic SquirrelBoy ,nothing as relaxing as staring into a camp fire :biggthump

rb

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
iv not mannaged to get hold of the picture which somes up bushcraft for me (not that i think one picture can do it) but if i had to pic one it would be a freeze frame from one of rays programs.. i dont remember where they were it may have been russia or the german backforest one.. but the moment it when ray meets a man who has been living in the wilderness for sometime but has never mastered the bow drill ray shows him how to do it and the man manages it.. the shot i would choose is the one of that mans face after he has jus done it for the first time.. rapture-joy.. i can describe as we well know id need a thousend words

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE