comic book favourite

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I've got 2.
Gunwitch from Dan Brereton's Nocturnals and Con Job aka John Constantine from the Hellblazer series NOT bloody Keanu Reeves who totally ballsed it up.
Reasons: Gunwitch never talk's just watches and protects and blows the hell out of anything that threatens his ward and John because he really gives the impression that he doesn't give a monkeys - then lets that slip once in a while.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Friday!
http://www.2000adonline.com/vault/characters/rogue_trooper_(friday)
the second Rogue Trooper, started reading rogue just as the scavenger of souls satalite is destroyed and the original rogue is forever gone, friday takes over from that point and the storys were very kewl. wish i could get them all again tbh. i have some of the original stuff and thats fantastic!

another fave was a character called FINN, an eco terrorist who ends up fighting aliens!
http://www.2000adonline.com/vault/characters/finn
again great story lines and compelling stuff, but as you can see in my youth i was big on 2000ad. in fact i still have alot of my early/mid 90's comics!

the list goes on tho, strontium dogs, ABC warriors, sinister dexter, D.R & Quinch, the Durham red spin off series (her form taught me to draw :D) its endless.
got to say tho, the film with stallone REALLY killed JD for me. stone dead, i couldn't believe the blasphemy...

anyhoo i'm foaming at the mouth so i'll end it there ;)

edit: OMG! i almost forgot SLAINE! one of my all time faves! i must be having a bad day...

Last edited:

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Friday!
http://www.2000adonline.com/vault/characters/rogue_trooper_(friday)
the second Rogue Trooper, started reading rogue just as the scavenger of souls satalite is destroyed and the original rogue is forever gone, friday takes over from that point and the storys were very kewl. wish i could get them all again tbh. i have some of the original stuff and thats fantastic!

another fave was a character called FINN, an eco terrorist who ends up fighting aliens!
http://www.2000adonline.com/vault/characters/finn
again great story lines and compelling stuff, but as you can see in my youth i was big on 2000ad. in fact i still have alot of my early/mid 90's comics!

the list goes on tho, strontium dogs, ABC warriors, sinister dexter, D.R & Quinch, the Durham red spin off series (her form taught me to draw :D) its endless.
got to say tho, the film with stallone REALLY killed JD for me. stone dead, i couldn't believe the blasphemy...

anyhoo i'm foaming at the mouth so i'll end it there ;)

edit: OMG! i almost forgot SLAINE! one of my all time faves! i must be having a bad day...

ABC Warriors just rock. Finn was good and Jonny Alpha. Rogue was a classic until they turned him into Friday with eightball and co. Was rumours of a film!!!

Jerry Cornelius - Mr Moorcocks great character (in all his forms!)....and perhaps Una Persson......:D
Another Moorcockian :You_Rock_ JC was a raving loon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
captain-caveman1.jpg

or

roadrunner.gif

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
Some of the old Fleetway comics were fantastic. Finn began in 'Third World War' before turning up later in his own stories in Crisis, 2000AD's more adult stablemate. (I think it was Crisis anyway!) Actually, Third World War may have been in Crisis too now I think of it. They had some brilliant strips, The New Adventures of Adolf Hitler sticks in the mind. My personal favourite character? Has to be Slaine! Though Deadlock in ABC Warriors was pretty cool.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Good to see the usual suspects turning up... Although I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tank Girl yet! Yeah, the film was horrible... Then of course there was the wonderful Devlin Waugh. (Lets see you make that into a movie, Hollywood! I dare you!)

But I'm afraid since Boom! Studios picked up the continuation of Farscape, they have to get my vote now. Couldn't pick a single character though - they're all great!

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Good to see the usual suspects turning up... Although I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tank Girl yet! Yeah, the film was horrible... Then of course there was the wonderful Devlin Waugh. (Lets see you make that into a movie, Hollywood! I dare you!)

But I'm afraid since Boom! Studios picked up the continuation of Farscape, they have to get my vote now. Couldn't pick a single character though - they're all great!

Devlin Waugh - not a chance, they'd scew it royally.
Boom! picked up Farscape!!!!!!!!!!!!! goodjobgoodjobgoodjobgoodjobgoodjob

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
DR and Quinch, man!

"You know a kiss on the hand can be quite continental but tactical thermonuclear weaponry are a girls best friend!" :D

"We`ll need plates, cutlery, cups, table napkins, bedclothes, soap, A Quad Engined StratoChopper with thirty Air to Ground Warpedo`s, butter, cheese, eggs, beer ..."

Big 2000AD fan here too, must be an age thing... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE