Colour Of Clothes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What colour do your clothes have?

• Total voters

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Wow John,
how deep did you have to dig to find this old nugget?

Original thread is nearly five years old - that has to be a record!

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not me...it was in "new posts"!
Someone must have polled without posting!!!!!!
Didn't see the dates until way too late.....

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Well it's the first time I noticed it and I've just polled.
I've got to admit that don't bother looking at a lot of the polls, as I find a lot of them are rather chidish and not really anything to do with bushcraft or maybe I'm too serious :confused:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Blimey...A blast from the past or what?

I wear the same colours out as I wear most of the time. Somewhere on the scale of earth tones to natural black and between the extremes of port and pine.

For me it comes from my photography, I prefer to be unobtrusive, and I certainly don't want to be a blot on the landscape. :D

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm mostly in black, although I do own a pair of blue crags for bushcrafting, they dry fast. The boots are blue too and how waterproof I don't know, I tend to try and stay out of the wet, I've splashed through a few puddles with them and stayed dry so.. meh.
I did pick up this wonderful tie dyed black, cream and green hoodie that I like to wear, its not camo per say but seems to blend in nicely.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I go for blending in, but try and avoid the military look.

When I chose the fabric for my Ventile gear, this didn't leave me with a great choice so I went for grey, which fades to a slight blue-grey. So now I look like I'm in the RAF:red: . When I get round to it my next pair of ventile pants :)p ) they will be brown.

Most of my stuff seems to end up grey or brown.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
if it aint camo, its a shade of olive drab or khaki. with some browns mixed in.
i'm a fan of privacy. plus wearing natural colours allows you to stumble on to more wildlife then if your wearing a luminous yellow jacket ;)
if your quiet that is.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Not me...it was in "new posts"!
Someone must have polled without posting!!!!!!
Didn't see the dates until way too late.....

This years award for digging up long lost yet somehow still relevant threads goes too.....

Mr Jooohhhnnn Fenna! Come on down.... :lmao::You_Rock_

I tend to wear greens and browns mostly, the odd bit of grey is creeping in too, and not just my hair. I really dislike camo though, I think because a lot of people seem to think that just because they're wearing camo, it makes them more naturey or hidden, however there is much more to not being seen than an old set of camo. Please I'm not saying thats what people wear it for, its just what I feel they wear it for.. which doesn't make sense I know.. :rolleyes::eek: Well they'll hide someone from other people, but animals are that easily fooled.. ;)

If I was going to go on a longer trek or go really off the beaten path, I'd make sure and take some hi-vis stuff, just incase I wanted to be seen more easily. Blues etc I don't mind either. Brighter colours, well, my preference is not for me, but a lot of folks like them. Although there is a lot of walking jackets etc that are reds etc. so there must be a market for them.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I think it might have been me that voted and resurrected this thread!:eek: Sorry!

I've been searching a bit and I must have thought this was on the New Posts results page.

I've just come back to it now and only noticed it's age when I got got past Mr.Fenna's post:lmao:

I voted 'Blend in' anyways:rolleyes:

May 9, 2007
USA
My outdoor ware is the same as my everyday ware
Blue jean jacket Red or white shirt red or blue bandanna blue jeans western boots
An a 10x Stetson hat.

Jambo

Forager
Jul 21, 2007
U.K.
I go for blending in, but try and avoid the military look.

+1.

I tend to go for OD, browns and darker Khaki. The occasional bit of black to break it up if I'm looking a bit too OD.

I like to try and blend in as much as possible, but by the same measure (in my eyes) stay as far away from the military look as much as possible. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it just draws too much unnecessary attention.

Still have a long sleeve Cadpat shirt and a rather smelly ghillie net around somewhere though, the last time I used them was a short while ago when I friend lent me a unfeasibly large lens and I was trying to get a few decent snaps of some marsh harriers. Let me tell you, your 'camouflage and concealment' better be good if you want to get anyway near close to them, they certainly thought mine wasn't up to scratch...

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
I use a big mix, but mainly colours that will blend in!

When I'm out hunting I can't fault the realtree patterns, but when just out in the woods I like the natural browns and greens!

On the hill though I have an assortment of bright garments from when I was climbing alot

Drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE