Colloidal Silver Facts. Please Read.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello shadesofgreen, and welcome to the forum :)

I too know someone who claims that ingesting colloidal silver cured her of something horrible; but then she did walk about with a slice of carrot taped onto her brow for three weeks trying to cure a pre cancerous growth too....then she submitted to the surgeon because she became allergic to the tape, but the colloidal silver had cured the growth you understand :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know that it's a good antiseptic, and topical antibiotic. I disagree vehemently with it's ingestion. I've seen the results when it goes wrong.

Incidentally, we don't do political discussion, or racist or religious, so this thread is just a good going debate :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
I turned my back for a few minutes and came back to this thread!

Surely, the most important thing to consider when one doesn't have properly scientific evidence is "if it sounds too good to be true, it IS too good to be true" can't go far wrong with that.

Silver as a topical treatment, fine. Any heavy metal ingestion, no thanks.

Jay

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Which, after diagnosing me, struggled to treat it with no less than 6 courses of anti-biotics. I decided to take matters into my own hands and within 10 days of using CS along with a silicone based remedy called Alka Vita, all traces of the bug had vanished.
Now, you could argue that the anti-biotics assisted in the cure...and, I'd totally agree but, from my own personal experience and watching my wound heal on a daily basis,I can only say that CS and AV worked for me.

Would you use a medicine which a pharmaceutical company tested only once, on one person?

conduct your own research, which once completed...make an educated decision based on the evidence you've discovered (either way).

I'd leave that to the professionals, bound by strict laws concerning tests like that.

Or just put your life entirely in someone elses hands with no question!
I would consider a medical diploma a big reassurance.

Jan 11, 2011
Sheffield
Hi Armie,

In answer to the first question.... no.
to the second (comment not question) ... like you said they are 'BOUND' by strict laws preventing them from prescribing anything other than what their 'SHOP' allows them to sell. Also, the 'professionals' don't mind being called practitioners as they are only practising in their practice are they not? In other words, they dont know it all! I don't see anything wrong with taking an interest in your own health and researching and questioning. Is that so wrong?
I would also (just like you my friend) consider a medical diploma a big reassurance but would'nt let that generate a dependance upon them and give away my own responsibility to look after myself also.

Hi shadesofgreen, and welcome to BCUk.

Medical practitioners are allowed to prescribe items which have passed all the regulatory tests to be legally regarded as safe and effective to use.

Also, please could you avoid conflating differing meanings of the verb "to practise" and the noun "practice" - it's terribly Intelligent Design-ish, not to mention causing me to grind my teeth...

to practise:

# carry out or practise; as of jobs and professions; "practise law"
# drill: learn by repetition; "We practised French verbs every day"; "Pianists practise scales"
# exercise: systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
# rehearse: engage in a rehearsal (of)
# avail oneself to, apply a principle"; "practise a religion"; "practise your common sense"; "practise non-violent resistance"
# commit: engage in or perform; "practise safe sex";

When a practitioner practises - he/she is carrying out their occupation, not rehearsing it.

Oh, and knowing you don't know everything is a central tenet of science - nothing is ever proven, it only ever gets to the level of commonly accepted theory.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... please could you avoid conflating differing meanings of the verb "to practise" and the noun "practice" - it's terribly Intelligent Design-ish, not to mention causing me to grind my teeth...

Blimey! If you're going to grind your teeth every time somebody misplaces a consonant on this forum then you're soon going to need to visit the dentist!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hi shadesofgreen, and welcome to BCUk.

Medical practitioners are allowed to prescribe items which have passed all the regulatory tests to be legally regarded as safe and effective to use.

Also, please could you avoid conflating differing meanings of the verb "to practise" and the noun "practice" - it's terribly Intelligent Design-ish, not to mention causing me to grind my teeth...

Snip
Oh, and knowing you don't know everything is a central tenet of science - nothing is ever proven, it only ever gets to the level of commonly accepted theory.
I agree, my teeth suffer, mostly when people say “evolution is only a theory” without understanding the meaning of theory and that there is more proof for the theory of Evolution than there is for theory of gravity

Jan 11, 2011
Sheffield
Hi again all,
I was just sharing a personal experience is all. I'm not trying to change anyones views....like I stated in my original post:

'this is only my opinion and I wouldn't try to convince anyone of anything.'

anyway :) it's good to here different views and perspectives and to unknowingly wind somone up with bad grammar.. but I'm no genius or expert on anything.

So, I leave you fine people with this thought:

Itz upter yer sens ter mayk yer orn maynds up on stuff and that. docters ore gud and ay layk them a lot. :D

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I agree, my teeth suffer, mostly when people say “evolution is only a theory” without understanding the meaning of theory and that there is more proof for the theory of Evolution than there is for theory of gravity

Still only a theory though.Not proved beyond reasonable doubt,they couldn't convict you on the evidence .

I think you might find that evolution is considered to be backed by sufficient evidence to be accepted as the best available model (carefully avoiding the use of the term "proven"! here... :rolleyes: ). All the arguments currently going on in the scientific world about evolution are about how it happens, not whether it happens.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yeah, but....gravity's a fallacy, the Earth sucks :D

M

I will have to remember that one :rolleyes:

Its also so puny it can be defeated with a fridge magnet yet can fling planets around a solar system. Still it makes more sense than some of the stuff in this thread...

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Yeah, but....gravity's a fallacy, the Earth sucks :D

M

You're halfway there, Toddy... I think you're ready for a greater truth: (cue angelic music...) the Truth of "Intelligent Falling".
In short: so-called 'scientists' claim that gravity is a mindless physical force. But all matter is drawn in the same direction, towards Earth; statistically this is nonsense! Why are some objects not moving into another direction? Therefore, there must be an Intelligence moving objects towards Earth.

Don't you see how much sense this makes? ;)

Last edited:

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
My wife has just (for the 1st time) bought a £16 bottle of this stuff for a nasty chest infection she has had for 5 weeks. In the doses recommended the bottle will last about 5 days!! Now, in my opinion she was starting to improve anyway, but the next day after getting it she proclaims that she is recovering and it is due to the silver. I am thinking PLACEBO!

I'm sure that this is all a conspiracy by the New World Order to prevent "cheap and available" medicines being discovered and used...but somehow I doubt it!

There are as many (or more) suitably endorsed internet articles debunking this stuff as there are supporting it. Personally? I think it's nonsense, but each to their own.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
argyria-colloidal-silver.jpg

This bloke is supposedly suffering from a bad case of Argyria after ingesting a lot of Colloidal Silver over a period of time.

He reminds me of this bloke...

papa-smurf.gif

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I thought Colloidial silver was one of the things - along with iodene that you could use to treat water prior to drinking?

Have I got that wrong?

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
So Tadpole, you believe your great, great , great, ect, ect, Grandfather was an ape and his great, great, great, ect, ect, Grandfather was a blob of somthing that came out of the sea, because that's basically the theory of evolution right. Stop and think for a moment, do you know how ridiculous that sounds. It's a theory and that is all it is nothing more nothing less.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That Great, great, great grandfather 'ape' was millions of years ago.
The fossil record can be accurately dated and the context in which it is found is secure.
Every season's excavation brings us more data, more examples, more background to add to the Theory of Evolution.

Geological time takes no account of man's egotism.

cheers,
Toddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE