Colloidal Silver Facts. Please Read.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I recall some time ago, one of the factors of increased infection in hospitals was the removal/replacement of door furnishings from brass to SS. Buy all accounts germs don't live on brass very long if at all?

Nah, it was the change of paint colour from institutional green to pink and magnolia wot done it.:rolleyes:

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I recall some time ago, one of the factors of increased infection in hospitals was the removal/replacement of door furnishings from brass to SS. Buy all accounts germs don't live on brass very long if at all?
Or it could be that, the reason they replace the door furniture from brass to stainless, is stainless needs less cleaners to look after, less cleaners mean less cleaning, poorer hospital hygiene means more people getting infected.
Nearly all the information or studies in to the effectiveness of copper/brass/bronze as a proven treatment for a very limited number of bacteria ( a total of two so far) and as a method of medical sanitising are funded, controlled or promoted by Copper Development Association

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Only problem with that is that your "natural herbs and remedies" are also a multi-trillion dollar industry, mostly in the hand of exactly the same big pharmaceutical companies, only without any real regulation. If you won't trust them to sell you something that's been through stage III clinical trials, why would you trust them to sell you something that nobody's done any decent research on?

This whole "natural herbs and remedies" fad is just a marketing scheme by Big Pharma so they can sell you stuff without the expense of clinical trials. It's basically just a way of getting around the regulations that were brought in at the end of the 19th century to stop people selling snake oil and mercury as medicine.

Natural herbal remedies to be banned by EU

http://www.thenhf.com/article.php?id=1332

The sale of popular herbal remedies could be banned because of an "unworkable and impractical" European law, health campaigners said yesterday.

The European Union directive, which came into force yesterday, was introduced to ensure that natural products sold over the counter were safe and of a high standard.

Previously, most herbal remedies were available in Britain under Section 12 of the 1968 Medicines Act as "medicines exempt from licensing".

Under the new directive, manufacturers will have to provide evidence that their products are safe before they are given a licence. Only products which have been on sale in the EU for 30 years will be automatically approved.

forestwalker

The day I decide to toss morals (not *those* morals, I had those surgically removed decades ago) overboard I'll start selling a natural remedy. It will be good for fatigue, poor memory, poor concentration, the common cold and GI upsets. It will also make you more intelligent and keep you from getting cancer, as well as improving sexual stamina, erection and vaginal lubrication. There will be numerous published studies of this, some in Journal of Bogus Medcine and Acta Bog Roll, but also in the West Styx Daily Herald (actually a letter to the editor they published by mistake, but let's not quibble about details).

I will wear a white coat in the ads showing me in a laboratory setting, and claim that Big Pharma is hiding the truth if challenged.

The nice thing is; most people sometimes feel like they have one or more of the symptoms listed, and in almost every case they go away on their own (or one can easilly imagine that the diffuse symptoms have improved, in particular if the alternative is accepting that one was daft enough to spend UKP 42/week on useless garbage). If someone claims that they got sick despite using my preparation I will be very concerned, and say how sad I am that they did not start using the preparation before the disease had progressed too far.

I'll naturally do the talk show circuit and get interviewed in any publication not known for having scientifically litterate staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Natural herbal remedies to be banned by EU

http://www.thenhf.com/article.php?id=1332

About time too if you ask me. Not that they're actually "banning" them out-right, people marketing them just have to prove that they're safe. (Not even "effective", just "safe" - as in "not actually going to cause harm") Given that a lot of "natural remedies" have turned out to be contaminated with all sorts of nasty things (because they're largely manufactured in countries with poor-to-non-existent regulation to keep costs down, and the importers / marketers generally don't bother with trivia such as Quality Assurance testing), I don't see why anybody would object to that. Unless you like a side of arsenic with your placebos... Even then, surely you should want to know?

It doesn't actually have any bearing on my point anyway, unless you believe the EU would never, ever regulate a major industry - in which case you really are living in cloud-cuckoo land. That's almost all they do.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not all natural cures and herbalism are fake.
I used to suffer badley with kidney stones and was admitted to hospital at least once a year with Renal Colic (worse pain than childbirth according to a friend who has repeatedly gone through both) - I used to carry Pethadine tablets with me at all times (except when abroad) - just in case...and I developped a taste for diamorphine.
The NHS' finest said they could do nothing for me in the way of preventative medicine, and that diet was not a factor in my case.
I went to a herbalist to see if she could help...and she said "yes"!
The gloop I swig morning and evening has prevented the stones forming as they had in the past and in the past 10 odd years I have only suffered with one stone.
I will continue seeing my herbalist.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Not all natural cures and herbalism are fake.

Certainly. But some of them are, and some of the ones that aren't, aren't produced to tight enough standards. Therefore we need some tightening of the regulations to ensure that the people doing the job properly don't get driven out of business by snake-oil salesmen and people don't get accidentally poisoned by contaminated products. Basically, exactly the sort of regulations that the food industry has lived with for over a century and which mean that I can buy a bag of flour confident that it isn't cut with chalk or soaked in rat urine.

Remember, there have been a number of supplements withdrawn from the market after their distributors found that they didn't actually contain what they claimed to. Just like the melamine-contaminated pet food incident, a lot of this stuff is manufactured under license and the licensors aren't always as diligent as they should be.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Not all natural cures and herbalism are fake. .

As most medicines are based on natural sources, that is true.

In the right hands, and with the knowledge, there is nothing wrong with herbal treatment.

The problems occur when "natural cures" are used by folk who don't realise that they are bio active products that can interact with prescription medicines. When asked "are you taking any other drugs?", they say "no", cos herbs int drugs.

Even taking liquid paraffin can have serious consequences if the patient is on warfarin.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Only problem with that is that your "natural herbs and remedies" are also a multi-trillion dollar industry, mostly in the hand of exactly the same big pharmaceutical companies, only without any real regulation. If you won't trust them to sell you something that's been through stage III clinical trials, why would you trust them to sell you something that nobody's done any decent research on?

This whole "natural herbs and remedies" fad is just a marketing scheme by Big Pharma so they can sell you stuff without the expense of clinical trials. It's basically just a way of getting around the regulations that were brought in at the end of the 19th century to stop people selling snake oil and mercury as medicine.

The Methods of Health Tyranny: Codex Alimentarius "Risk Assessment" of Vitamins And Nutritional Supplements

http://www.activistpost.com/2010/12/methods-of-health-tyranny-codex.html

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Your Body Is Not Your Own!

Codex Alimentarius is now on the verge of its long-time goal of giving control of vitamins, supplements and food to the Illuminati corporations - with much reduced dosages - and putting the independents out of business.

They are doing this through the technique used by the Rockefeller family to hijack 'health care' in the United States and then worldwide - a system of licencing. The scam is simple: you introduce licences for something and then anyone who wants to do that 'something' must do it within your 'guidelines' (limits and restrictions) or they don't get a licence and so cannot practice.

And if you want to stop certain people doing that 'something' you make the requirements to get a licence so complex and costly that you are, in effect, denying them the right to practice or produce.

They use the licencing technique throughout society to impose control and nowhere more so than in what passes for 'medicine'. A doctor needs a licence to practice and if they use healing methods that work, but are not recognised by the arbiters of the licence (ultimately Big Pharma) they lose their licence and are 'struck off'.

The licencing noose is also being used ever more widely in alternative and complimentary medicine to install centralised control and dictatorship by a self-appointed authority and the major corporations have been buying up health store chains for years to kidnap the industry ...

... This week the UK Independent (yeah, right) newspaper reported that 'hundreds of herbal medicinal products will be banned from sale in Britain next year under what campaigners say is a "discriminatory and disproportionate" European law'.

How are they going to do it? Licencing.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The recipes for herbal mixtures, ointments, concoctions and the like are all out there and available.
Those who make for themselves have no worries about these new regulations. We always have grown, collected, bartered or bought from trusted suppliers for the ingredients.
What will change is that the people who supply such things 'commercially' will have to prove that their mixtures include 'only' what they say they do.
So, just as bread used to commonly be adulterated with chalk, ground eggshells and the like, and is now flour, water and yeast, etc., hopefully herbal medicines bought over the counter will be exactly what they're supposed to be.

What did concern was the removal of traditional materials like borax from the lists of suitable chemicals. Used without harm for over 2,000 years and a vital element in things like cold cream and eye washes, it is suddenly not so available. Indeed the folks who use it as a flux (with additions) are struggling to find suppliers now too.

We'll see how it goes. Laws aren't immutable, they can be changed unless there's enough support for the status quo.

cheers,
Toddy

Jan 11, 2011
Sheffield
...Iv'e only just joined today and this is the first thread iv'e read. I've used colloidal silver orally (steady now) and topically when required as this amazing natural remedy cured my MRSA superbug which I contracted from.....yep....you guessed it....a hospital!
Which, after diagnosing me, struggled to treat it with no less than 6 courses of anti-biotics. I decided to take matters into my own hands and within 10 days of using CS along with a silicone based remedy called Alka Vita, all traces of the bug had vanished.
Now, you could argue that the anti-biotics assisted in the cure...and, I'd totally agree but, from my own personal experience and watching my wound heal on a daily basis,I can only say that CS and AV worked for me.
However, this is only my opinion and I wouldn't try to convince anyone of anything... However...keep an open mind and then conduct your own research, which once completed...make an educated decision based on the evidence you've discovered (either way).
I've got nothing against modern medicine. Putting something bad into your system to fight something worse is a no-brainer but if its not working and your confident enough to seek alternative therapies....why not?
Or just put your life entirely in someone elses hands with no question!

By the way...... Hi all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE