Coastal Hunter Gatherer course 5 & 6th August

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Fraser from Coastal Survival is offering a great course for those interested in costal edibles.

The course:
Coastal Hunter Gatherer.

Focusing on Nets, traps, longlines, fishing, wild plants, shellfish and seaweeds etc.
Times will be focused around the tides but we would start at 10am Monday and each morning, finish up each evening etc.

Cost is £80 to Fraser and £10/day for camping, so just coming for the two days will be £100 total

You do not have to be attending the Moot to do this course but do login at reception so we know you're on site.

My experience of Fraser is that the course will be cram packed with great info and skills so don't miss out on a great opportunity.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
We might be up for this course, could you give us an idea of location please?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I thought the site opened on the 5th? How do you start at ten on set up day? Confused!

We personally have access to the site and i've ok'd Fraser to start the course earlier to fit it in to his schedule, anyone that's attending his course will be able do so but no one else attending the Moot will be allowed on site until the official opening time of the Moot, this is the only exception so that the course can run, there's already 3 people booked on it and it would be great if we got some more :D

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I see, so does that mean those attending can arrive on the afternoon of the 4th? For an extra ten pound per head?

May 6, 2010
uk
www.coastalsurvival.com
yeah, or find somewhere local to stay over. I'm sure that if you arrived at 10:30 it wold not be a problem.

Sorry for any confusion guys, I can meet any folk that wish to join us in the public car park by the Moot site entrance, we will be heading straight off from there, along the coast a few miles to a suitable location.
I will have hopefully set a few nets, traps and or longlines (weather/sea state depending) the day before at low tide. I have a few guys already coming, one who is a survival instructor with a leading school. Plenty of knowledge to be acquire - and its fun.
If Neptune is kind to us, we will be eating like kings! I offered this course to BCUK at nearly less than half the usual price to help support the Moot, as I attend many weird and wonderful events, but the Moot is the Best!

Cheers

Fraser

May 6, 2010
uk
www.coastalsurvival.com
The course outline:

Learn how to forage, fish and hunt along the sea shore, then how to best cook and preserve the range of plants, fish and shellfish that may catch or find.
Skills included on this course will be:
Gill net construction starting with fishing line and beach rubbish.
Longline construction from simple fishing kit.
Fish and shellfish traps (that work) made from beach rubbish.
Identification of seaweeds, how and when to harvest them.
Identification of fish and shellfish.
Identification of coastal plants.
Foraging coastal and inland plants.
Setting longlines, nets and traps, where, when and how. Cooking and preserving a selection of fish, shellfish and plants, some caught and gathered by you. A must do survival course for all hunter gathers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE