Coastal camp April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Just thought id put up a quick post/invite im walking from St Abbs head(Scottish borders)
towards Pease bay camping at a nice quite bay and checking out some large caves,and beach's ive seen, going to be setting up a base area, then do a bit of basic exploring of the area over a weekend say Fri-sun at the moment just me and my brother(you can have a look at the area's in question by doing a search of my coastal pics rather than bore everyone again re posting)
No dates confirmed as yet, but will be in April if you fancy joining me drop me a pm.

Andy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ll try and make it for this one Andy, although April is looking pretty busy for me at the moment.

I need to check with the boss tomorrow but I`ll get back to you.

Can we borrow/hire some beachcasting gear from somewhere ?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Rich, i was given a very old casting rod and reel by the father in law,but need some feather and weights for it,my brother mentioned last night that he fancied a bit of fishing when he comes up, will have a ask round hire places,or see if i can borrow some(possibly the neighbour.)
this is a pic of the area in keen to look at, its at the far end of remote/hard to get to beach,this is as near as ive got to it but looking through bino's from another bay there appears to be some very large caves tucked in to the cliffs.
cavesindist.jpg

tintock

Mar 11, 2009
On the end of a fishing rod...
Hi lads! A quick suggestion for you if you're quick! If you get down to your local Lidl's, you might be lucky enough to pick up a cheap telescopic rod/fixed-spool reel for your adventures!

They might not be top quality, but the gear is so cheap it could almost be viewed as "single-use". There is also line and lures, but no rigs.

As April is a pretty slow month for the fishing, you probably wouldn't be looking at much more than a few flounders, or maybe a wee turbot or bass. Maybe some early wrasse off the rocks too. Nothing that would require a beachcaster though, as the fish will be literally at your feet on either the beach or the rocks.

Have a look - there may be some stuff left, although it went on sale on Monday there.

Here's a link to the Lidl current offers web page: http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090309.index.ar11

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers for the info, to be honest having snorkeled at this time of year i know what you mean about not much being about, ive only seen odd wrasse and flat fish, would probably try for crab and lobster if conditions are right.But no harm in a spot of fishing as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE