Clothing that works in sustained Wet conditions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Please tell more about this, brand, model, whatever....Because it does not make sence combining g-tex with a fabric that sucks water like a sponge.
It's made by Bell Apparel Ltd, designed for electricity linesmen/cable jointers so its flame resistant, arc flash resistant and waterproof.
Basically those people don't want something that melts onto them if they get a shock.
Lokking on the label it doesn't actually say its cotton, IIRC thats what my mate said about it so I'm not positive now.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Nomex in the mix.
Were it not for me not wanting to wear waterproof leggings I'd likely rather have sokething that sheds water better but this gets wet but lessens the water that gets shed down onto my legs.
This is the label.
20210110-093226.jpg

20210110-093245.jpg

Lighter rain or if I need better mobility and I use a bomber style Gore Tex jacket.

Would I buy one new? Naah, waaaay too expensive but as a mate worked as a cable jointer and had the jacket going spare I got it for a nice round number.
In fact the amount I paid for it was a very round number.

Reactions: Herman30

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE