Cloaky type thing...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Hands up.
I, too, was once a LARPer (and an ex-member of Regia Anglorum).
If you've not seen the film Role Models yet, do so - there are some hilarious LARP scenes in it.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
"Echo? (see further down..)"

Big Swede - your link was to a video on how to use the blanket - mine was to a video on how to make a blanket pin. I think we are agreeing that the wilderness outfitters videos have some good stuff in them

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The cloak I use for living history is a square like a blanket.

By folding it correctly and fitting a single pin or brooch it can be worn with or without a hood.

I've looked at a lot of contemporary drawings and as far as I can tell the Vikings and Saxons at least did not cut the cloak but used it straight from the loom width.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
"Echo? (see further down..)"

Big Swede - your link was to a video on how to use the blanket - mine was to a video on how to make a blanket pin. I think we are agreeing that the wilderness outfitters videos have some good stuff in them

Sorry, my mistake!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
One of the things on my list is a bushcraft version of a jedi cloak
I know what I want, just need to finish off the trousers, coat, leather work, moccs, knife and 101 other things before I start on that.
And those are only the bushcraft projects I have on the go atm - SWMBO has lots of other plans too!

Mark

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Sorry, my mistake!

That's ok looking - back at my original post I see it wasn't very clear anyway - I suggested a disposable bbq because to make the pin you need some kind of furnace - if I had made that clear it would have been obvious I was referringf to a different video

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'm a fan of the match coat. No cutting and sewing required and the pin is easy to make.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
One of the things on my list is a bushcraft version of a jedi cloak
I know what I want, just need to finish off the trousers, coat, leather work, moccs, knife and 101 other things before I start on that.
And those are only the bushcraft projects I have on the go atm - SWMBO has lots of other plans too!

Mark

If you do a Google search you'll find instructions on how to make a lightsabre as well, just to finish it all off (and an important step in becoming a Jedi).

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Take one wool blanket, fold it in half widthways, drape it over your head and secure it by tying a scarf around your neck. The result? A hooded cape that covers the head and shoulders and is very warm. Perfect for cold nights in the woods. You can also adjust its length by altering the fold. Fold, say a third instead of in half and it becomes a cloak.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE