Bedroll Upgrade (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for your comments, lady & gentlemen. :)

On the road...
ontheroad_zpsohkohjmy.jpg

... and in the field
inthefield_zpsaucvqyrr.jpg

Attachments

• 20150801_150941.jpg
    20150801_150941.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20150802_090336.jpg
    20150802_090336.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Really nice Ian, I look forward to seeing it at the end of the month if all things prevail, nice work and I'm loving the logo, it's all about the branding.

Si

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Sterling work as usual Ian. Really like that. Now just to convince SWMBO that I absolutely 100% NEED one for a trip!

bearbait

Looks a tidy piece of kit Bilmo,

In one of the photos there's a red-brown cover (?) shown on the bedroll, apparently press-studded to the roll. Is this some sort of waxed waterproof cover?

Any thoughts on some mozzie-proofing the head end? Or would that remove some flexibility?

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
This?

headfootrings_zps3gqwkb9n.jpg

It's the bottom of the bedroll folded up so that the head & foot D-rings can be seen in the one picture. The press studs hold the liner in place inside the bag.

I'm giving some thought to a net arrangement and think it will be somehow connected to the threshold at the head of the roll.

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Ian,

That is really impressive. A little while back I knocked together a nylon 'slip' to go over the top half of my sleep mat with a pocket in one end to allow me to put a coat or jumper inside to act as a pillow that wouldn't escape during the night. I was pleased with it from a functional point of view, but what you have created is (I am trying to think of the right words here) well, its absolutely spot on. Great job, clear thinking and well executed.

If you are in production I would like one very much.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Ian,

That is really impressive. A little while back I knocked together a nylon 'slip' to go over the top half of my sleep mat with a pocket in one end to allow me to put a coat or jumper inside to act as a pillow that wouldn't escape during the night. I was pleased with it from a functional point of view, but what you have created is (I am trying to think of the right words here) well, its absolutely spot on. Great job, clear thinking and well executed.

If you are in production I would like one very much.

Thank you for your comments.

You have a PM.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
That is amazing! I have spent may hours pondering the design and construction of this kind of thing, but I would never do it justice. Just need to start saving instead!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE