Climate Change & Survival.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Anthropogenic global warming & climate change is accelerating & worsening. The UK has experienced these disasters recently, & so has the rest of Europe. Here in Australia we are experiencing unprecedented floods. Science predicts that society could collapse within the next 20 years, & todays youth may not survive climate change. This is a climate emergency, & yet life for most people goes on as if nothing is happening.

Are any of you preparing for the coming disasters? What are your preparations?
Keith.

The UN Just Dropped Another Incredibly Bleak Climate Change Report
Climate change is set to cause the collapse of food and water supplies, scientists warn
Global Warming Is Outrunning Efforts to Protect Human Life, Scientists Warn

'Delay means death': UN's call for climate change action

Climate Change Evidence: How Do We Know?
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming
Climate change: evidence and causes | Royal Society
Top scientists warn of 'ghastly future of mass extinction' and climate disruption

https://theconversation.com/climate...ay-have-to-abandon-much-of-its-farming-166098

Dire impact of climate emergency on children revealed
People under 40 will experience 'unprecedented life' of climate change disasters, study says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-could-start-2050-if-we-do-noting/1356865001/

‘The only uncertainty is how long we’ll last’: a worst case scenario for the climate in 2050
https://www.trtworld.com/life/extinction-disease-heat-to-hit-earth-sooner-than-feared-un-draft-report-47758

Climate change widespread, rapid, and intensifying - IPCC
'Very grim world': Dr David Suzuki's prediction for the future

'Uninhabitable hell': Climate change and disease threaten millions
Welcome to the Anthropocene Age. Will it be the end of us?
More Frequent, Severe Climate-Fueled Disasters Exacerbate Humanitarian Crises
‘High likelihood of human civilisation coming to end’ by 2050, report finds
Human society has 90% chance of collapsing in the next few decades. But why?
Inquiry hears natural disasters likely to become more intense and frequent in future | Sky News Australia
Anthropogenic climate change accelerating faster than earlier, natural analogs - Advanced Science News
Climate change is only going to make health crises like coronavirus more frequent and worse
'My home is touched by the sea': Climate change displacing one person every two seconds, Oxfam says
'Uninhabitable Hell:' UN Report Warns of Planet's Future for Millions Without Climate Action
Are We Really Past the Point of No Return on Climate? Scientists Respond To Controversial New Study
2 °C of Warming Could Open The Floodgates For 230 Billion Tons of Carbon to Escape
Global warming is on pace for catastrophic 3.3º C without drastic measures
Whatever happens … it’s the end of the world as we know it https://www.ecowatch.com/climate-st...ns-2648886531.html?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3
Australia's Bushfires Burned an Area Twice the Size of Florida. Climate Change Means That's Just the Beginning, a New Report Warns
Global warming likely to increase disease risk for animals worldwide
A warning on climate and the risk of societal collapse | Letter
Global warming at 'boiling point', warns expert
As World Teeters on Brink, Over 250 Scientists and Scholars Warn of Full-Fledged 'Societal Collapse'
Climate change can disrupt food availability, reduce access to food, and affect food quality. For example, projected increases in temperatures, changes in precipitation patterns, changes in extreme weather events, and reductions in water availability may all result in reduced agricultural productivity.
Climate Impacts on Agriculture and Food Supply | US EPA
How Climate Change Will Alter Our Food
http://www.fao.org/elearning/course/FCC/EN/pdf/learnernotes0854.pdf
Climate Change Threatens the World’s Food Supply, United Nations Warns (Published 2019)
Climate explained: how climate change will affect food production and security
How climate change threatens food security (and why we're all at risk)

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Anthropogenic global warming & climate change is accelerating & worsening. The UK has experienced these disasters recently, & so has the rest of Europe. Here in Australia we are experiencing unprecedented floods. Science predicts that society could collapse within the next 20 years, & todays youth may not survive climate change. This is a climate emergency, & yet life for most people goes on as if nothing is happening.

Are any of you preparing for the coming disasters? What are your preparations?
Keith.

The UN Just Dropped Another Incredibly Bleak Climate Change Report
Climate change is set to cause the collapse of food and water supplies, scientists warn
Global Warming Is Outrunning Efforts to Protect Human Life, Scientists Warn

'Delay means death': UN's call for climate change action

Climate Change Evidence: How Do We Know?
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming
Climate change: evidence and causes | Royal Society
Top scientists warn of 'ghastly future of mass extinction' and climate disruption

https://theconversation.com/climate...ay-have-to-abandon-much-of-its-farming-166098

Dire impact of climate emergency on children revealed
People under 40 will experience 'unprecedented life' of climate change disasters, study says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-could-start-2050-if-we-do-noting/1356865001/

‘The only uncertainty is how long we’ll last’: a worst case scenario for the climate in 2050
https://www.trtworld.com/life/extinction-disease-heat-to-hit-earth-sooner-than-feared-un-draft-report-47758

Climate change widespread, rapid, and intensifying - IPCC
'Very grim world': Dr David Suzuki's prediction for the future

'Uninhabitable hell': Climate change and disease threaten millions
Welcome to the Anthropocene Age. Will it be the end of us?
More Frequent, Severe Climate-Fueled Disasters Exacerbate Humanitarian Crises
‘High likelihood of human civilisation coming to end’ by 2050, report finds
Human society has 90% chance of collapsing in the next few decades. But why?
Inquiry hears natural disasters likely to become more intense and frequent in future | Sky News Australia
Anthropogenic climate change accelerating faster than earlier, natural analogs - Advanced Science News
Climate change is only going to make health crises like coronavirus more frequent and worse
'My home is touched by the sea': Climate change displacing one person every two seconds, Oxfam says
'Uninhabitable Hell:' UN Report Warns of Planet's Future for Millions Without Climate Action
Are We Really Past the Point of No Return on Climate? Scientists Respond To Controversial New Study
2 °C of Warming Could Open The Floodgates For 230 Billion Tons of Carbon to Escape
Global warming is on pace for catastrophic 3.3º C without drastic measures
Whatever happens … it’s the end of the world as we know it https://www.ecowatch.com/climate-st...ns-2648886531.html?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3
Australia's Bushfires Burned an Area Twice the Size of Florida. Climate Change Means That's Just the Beginning, a New Report Warns
Global warming likely to increase disease risk for animals worldwide
A warning on climate and the risk of societal collapse | Letter
Global warming at 'boiling point', warns expert
As World Teeters on Brink, Over 250 Scientists and Scholars Warn of Full-Fledged 'Societal Collapse'
Climate change can disrupt food availability, reduce access to food, and affect food quality. For example, projected increases in temperatures, changes in precipitation patterns, changes in extreme weather events, and reductions in water availability may all result in reduced agricultural productivity.
Climate Impacts on Agriculture and Food Supply | US EPA
How Climate Change Will Alter Our Food
http://www.fao.org/elearning/course/FCC/EN/pdf/learnernotes0854.pdf
Climate Change Threatens the World’s Food Supply, United Nations Warns (Published 2019)
Climate explained: how climate change will affect food production and security
How climate change threatens food security (and why we're all at risk)

I think we should only discuss bush craft on this forum. I once made the mistake of engaging in controversy on here. I wont be doing it again. One does not go to the photography club to discuss fishing. Ho hum.

Last edited:

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
Yep, population is a problem. We are about to see a human population crash. Either caused by extreme heat or failed harvest caused by extreme heat.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
More fear I fear. Could there be an agenda behind all this? MMMMMM! Me? I'm a prepper and survivalist so not too worried. I am however addicted to boiled sweets and worry if the supply were to dry up x
And what agenda might that be. I here people say this alot. Alluding to an agenda but then not providing any evidence.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
More fear I fear. Could there be a dark global agenda behind all this? Me? I'm a prepper and survivalist so not too worried. I am however addicted to boiled sweets and worry if the supply were to dry up. I also think we should only discuss bush craft on this forum. I once made the mistake of engaging in controversy on here. I wont be doing it again. One does not go to the photography club to discuss fishing. Ho hum.
Me I'm a prepper?

Good luck cooking food surrounded by hungry neighbours.

The safest way to survive this crisis is to teach the community around you about the crisis we are facing.
You might get away with survival for a few months, but once people see you are not malnourished you won't have a chance.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Me I'm a prepper?

Good luck cooking food surrounded by hungry neighbours.

The safest way to survive this crisis is to teach the community around you about the crisis we are facing.
You might get away with survival for a few months, but once people see you are not malnourished you won't have a chance.
good point. I wasnt going to expand because that wasnt the main point I was making but since you mention it. I am involved in a food growing and foraging collective with resources and knowledge . The idea is to welcome, feed and educate one and all should the need arise. And as I said I once got into a controversy on here which got quite heated. I am here to learn about and share my knowledge of bush craft and not to get involved in topics that should be discussed else where. x

Reactions: ManFriday4

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
good point. I wasnt going to expand because that wasnt the main point I was making but since you mention it. I am involved in a food growing and foraging collective with resources and knowledge . The idea is to welcome, feed and educate one and all should the need arise x
Good answer! I do the same through the Climate Safe Villages Network as well as being involved in a food sharing hub with other allotments and gardeners we don't call it prepping but pretty much everyone gets the climate thing.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
LAnd as I said I once got into a controversy on here which got quite heated.
I'm not trying to draw you into a fight

Like I said earlier I was interested in how badly treated the OP was and the general behaviour toward them. I mean would the talk like that face to face? Of course not.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
This is how the looming population crash starts.
Maybe, just maybe this is when the world (or parts of it) learn to share.
There is plenty of food available, we need the will to organise.

(I used to do work for the GTZ Transport Operation for Refugees and the Ethiopian Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Commission among others.
They maintain that there is rarely a famine in a democracy.)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You know how mankind survives ? how the population growth has become feasible ?
We farm.
Nowadays we farm crops from all over the world, yet we rely on very few staples.

Maybe we just need to farm more, be more local about it, be more adaptable in our diet.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
While there are rarely famines in industrialised countries, we are actually in an extra ordinary situation of our own making.

1stly currently there is approximately 420ppm CO2 in the atmosphere, but today's global temperature of 1.2° C above 1850 doe not represent those emissions the climate is in catch up. I posted Dr. James E Hansens peer reviewed paper on Glaobal Warming in the Pipeline for Earth earlier, but here is the link.

It's a sobering read.

Hansen, 82, formerly of NASA Jet propulsion lab, physicist & climate scientist. He originally sounded the alarm in 1980. He is one of the world's brilliant scientists.

The proble that the global food system faces currently is runaway heating and the impactnon grain germination. We have a global flood economy dependent on global transport. But most importantly this global civilisation is dependent on a climate niche which is quickly getting too hot.

Couple this with Pluvial rain storms. A heated atmosphere means storms are super charged, they carry more moisture,they bring more rain. Storms depositing the equivalent of a years worth of rain in 24 hours. Pluvial means it causes damage to surface/soil structure. Pluvial rain can wash crops away.

The issues we face with climate change are multiple shocks, one after another or several at once.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
So what are you doing about it?

This requires heavy involvement in politics. Revolution won’t hack it. Bleating won’t hack it.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
So what are you doing about it?

This requires heavy involvement in politics. Revolution will starve us all.
Well, we have tried lobbying, that's failed.

We have tried COP (lots of them), that's failed.

We will pass 1.5°C next year due to our proximity to the sun Milankovich cycle & super El Nino.

You are spot on saying that it needs political /policy action. We have climate deniers running the country..

If you look at what Hansen says. Things are not optimistic.

Like I have already said there's little we can do but plan for civilisation collapse?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We farm within a climate niche. We no longer have that niche.

We can farm within a wide range of niches, with the potential for a very wide range of species. At present we choose to use only a few of them, and we choose to grow where we can use machinery.
The old caschrom (foot plough) worked enough small patches of land that the highlands were full of people and well fed people at that.
Now nothing grows there but grouse moors....:rolleyes:
Repeat right across much of Europe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE