Classic knives.....suggestions?

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
One that there's a space in the market for if you're doing folders is a decent pipe smoker's knife. There are the Rodgers ones, or some REALLY expensive langoilles, but nothing in between and nothing with a decent sharp utility blade as well as the blunt/spoon ended reamer blade.

5617__big_250x200.jpg

Case's doctor's knife with a pick added would be my ideal one I suppose. Pipe smokers like collecting/gadgets/pocket knives in general anyway - a nice 'heirloom' quality one would sell well I'm sure.

CA-1961-Case-Collector%27s-Club-Doctor.jpg

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
When i get round to folders i'll be sure to look into that :)

One that there's a space in the market for if you're doing folders is a decent pipe smoker's knife. There are the Rodgers ones, or some REALLY expensive langoilles, but nothing in between and nothing with a decent sharp utility blade as well as the blunt/spoon ended reamer blade.

5617__big_250x200.jpg

Case's doctor's knife with a pick added would be my ideal one I suppose. Pipe smokers like collecting/gadgets/pocket knives in general anyway - a nice 'heirloom' quality one would sell well I'm sure.

CA-1961-Case-Collector%27s-Club-Doctor.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
If we're still just wishing I'd like to see an Ulu and a Kris. Think the Kris would not be a good seller though as it's more of a show knife these days. The Ulu might go well as by it's nature it's an all purpose blade.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
How about a Tanto?
Possibly :) Will have to have a look into them, as i'd never considered it.

Maybe something like one of the old marbles hunting knives with a leather stacked handle.
I think a leather stacked handle is on the cards, though...again...will have to find a way of locking it all off with a pommel. Never done it before. :)

This was the classic scout sheath knife IIRC
Yeah i have a similar knife here that i bought from the forum a fair while back :)

If we're still just wishing I'd like to see an Ulu and a Kris. Think the Kris would not be a good seller though as it's more of a show knife these days. The Ulu might go well as by it's nature it's an all purpose blade.
Low priority for an ulu atm. I'll have to see if i can get hold of some old circular saw blades if i decide to make some.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE