Christmas Hopes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:rolmao:

Magikelly said:
Although i think we should stop hi-jacking this thread, i think in return for Jake's fiver, i'll send him another Bushcrafter. To apologise for my anti-Starkie multch (my new fav word) i'll admit: Im forever inferior to the Minister of The Charred Cloth that is Great Elm.

Great stuff, i'l PM you my adress :wink:

Just to keep it on track, im also hoping for a bit more money to pay for 1. a Svord 2. An Allan Blade knife of some sort.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
JakeR said:
Just to keep it on track, im also hoping for a bit more money to pay for 1. a Svord 2. An Allan Blade knife of some sort.
I have every confidence that you will love your Allan Blade knife but I would wait till you actually recieve your first one before you start ordering another. Work with it for a while to get a real feal for what you would like changed / ammended.

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cheers John, i don't think i have much of a choice! Money situation means i will have enough time to think about what i want. Perhaps i should start a thread and let BCUK decide what knife i ask for through a multi-choice poll!

I saw pics of Schwerts pack-pal flat grind and it looks stunning. But i think i'll have to have a scandi-grind. Dunno what types of woods look nice, i'll need advice there...whats your fav John?

Cheers.

MagiKelly

It's hard to say. I thought the Pack Pal may take poll position but the bushcrafter is just so useable it is hard to relagate. If I were to start from scratch again I would order a Bushcrafter with a 65mm long blade, scand ground with a dark wood handle and mosaic pins. Kydex sheath with multi carry option just to finish it off.

MagiKelly

Don't know yet. With my Runt I kept changing my mind about handle material and eventually asked for a dark wood. Allan said okay but will not tell me what the wood is until it arrives as a punishment for changing my mind so much.

Strange because I used to think I was indecisive but now i am not so sure.......

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
hmmm we could have a vote on it John

Is Magikelly indecisive?

Dunno
Maybe
Perhaps
Debatable

I'm sure the knife will be a beauty and a surprise

Tant

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff

If the coating is all over a scandi, bevel included, how do you sharpen?!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
My Blunnies arrived this morning and i opened them and there is a black mark on the toe. I think it is like a rubber mark, how do you reckon i could get it off?

M

mick

lapp puuko
bushcraft by mors kochanski (hope I spelt it right)
new flask

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
That reminds me....what should i get then? As i have decided i'll just keep and pay for these blunnies. Suggestions?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE