Christmas Competition - Worlds Smallest Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
I carved this in a spare moment today, some may say moment of madness :eek:): , but i was thinking is this the worlds smallest axe ?

ok so it is made entirely of wood and useless, but is this a challenge or what......can anyone beat this ????? Should you actually want to ????? :rolmao:

worldssmallest.jpg

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
ahhh bushcraftuk christmass decorations, what a great idea.

That came as a shock to me becasue I thought you were talking about the bark river mini axe.
The detail on something so small is great, I don't know what else to say

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Hopefully he wont mind but this is a knife by dave barker. Not the mora but the tiny one next to the 20p. Excellent work by both of you I think.

126bilde015med8lp.jpg

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
That's very nice work? Could you tell me the exact length, mmcniven
The axe is 42 mm long.

you could carve another one and have bushcrafe earrings
What a good idea ......earings.....im sure the lady in my life would just love them for her christmas :rolmao:

I love that knife it would have been perfect for carving the axe.....i almost lost a finger or 2 in the process using a standard carving knife :shock:

Now there's a challenge I can't resist!

Here it is, a miniature reconstruction of a early bronze age axe:

12230007.jpg

It's got a bronze axehead, wooden haft and leather string to attach the axehead to the haft. Total size: 2.5 cm.

And next to its bigger brother, which I also finished this week:

12230008.jpg

And a last view:

12230009.jpg

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
mmcniven said:
I carved this in a spare moment today, some may say moment of madness :eek:): , but i was thinking is this the worlds smallest axe ?

ok so it is made entirely of wood and useless, but is this a challenge or what......can anyone beat this ????? Should you actually want to ????? :rolmao:

worldssmallest.jpg

Whilst I admire your carving skills, I've never understood this fascination with things miniature. My old Ma paints miniatures and the sister of an old school friend is current president of the Royal Miniature Soc. It's all marvellously skilful stuff, but I don't see the point of it. Why not make something full size and useful? I'd rather have an axe that I could use or a picture that I can hang on the wall and look at without needing to use a magnifying glass.

Burnt Ash
(Yes, of course, I can see the point in a device the size of a boiled sweet that can store 256Mb of data)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i dont think they have a function mate (do they need one :?: ) just a bit of fun isnt it as well as helping to hone your carving skills.. if you can care an axe such as that nicely chances are you can casve a pretty nice fish hook.. etc..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE