Chillies - what to do with them

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I make red and green chilli "jam" every year from my greenhouse crop. The red one I use for cooking (can't stick on sarnies as it is pure fire!) and the green one I use as a relish. Just cook them in vinegar with some garlic then add loads of sugar. Stick in a Kilner jar for 3 months - magic!

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I suspect it's illegal in the UK but you can mince them, soak them in an alcohol like isopropyl, filter them, reduce the alcohol by 90% in a double boiler, whack the liquid carefully in a spraygun and you have home made pepper spray. I'm not suggesting you actually need or make the stuff of course!

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
I grew a load of Dorset Naga's this year. I made about 500ml of chilli sauce with a dozen or so of them. The only problem is that if I use more than one drip of the stuff it makes anything too spicy..

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I dried about half of my lot this year, then whizzed them into powder with the electric coffee grinder. Best chilli powder I've ever had :D.....coffee wasn't bad either :D

cheers,
M

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
If you do decide to cook something with them, N E V E R go for a pee without thoroughly washing your hands first :aargh4:

Won't make that mistake twice :lmao:

leon-1

If you do decide to cook something with them, N E V E R go for a pee without thoroughly washing your hands first :aargh4:

Won't make that mistake twice :lmao:

I have loads of sets of disposable rubber gloves for when I am dyeing leather, they come in handy when doing chilli prep:rolleyes:

drewdunrespect said:
dry them out and use as fire fuel or in other words burn them all cos i hate anything spicy and these are the corse of it so burn the lot

The worlds smallest string quartet plays for you

:vio::vio::vio::vio:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE