Cheers Ogri....!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
So, I'm a little ashamed to say that Ogri the Trog made me a blade last year, the longer it sat in the cupboard the more difficult starting it became...

But I can happily say that it is now finished (although I certainly don't claim to have done his work justice as there are a couple of scratches on the blade where I got a bit 'grinder happy' :eek: )

Anyway, as promised here follow the photo's.

Ash scales & Ogri's blade :cool:
knife003fk6.jpg

Glued & clamped
knife007af7.jpg

He he he...!
knife038aw7.jpg

Ta Da!
knife043uh6.jpg

BIG thanks to you Ogri, you're a blooming star! This knife will be very well used & loved!

j :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
You won't believe me, but I was thinking earlier today, "Should I ask if you've done anything to it, or would that be way too cheeky"
Don't worry about the marks on it, they make it YOURS! you know how it was being held and the feelings (good or bad) that flew through your head when you noticed. You won't be affraid of doing it again in the future.
I'm really pleased to see it here and I hope you get some good use out of it. Very good job ;)

Many thanks

Ogri the trog

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Ogri the trog said:
You won't believe me, but I was thinking earlier today, "Should I ask if you've done anything to it, or would that be way too cheeky"
Don't worry about the marks on it, they make it YOURS! you know how it was being held and the feelings (good or bad) that flew through your head when you noticed. You won't be affraid of doing it again in the future.
I'm really pleased to see it here and I hope you get some good use out of it. Very good job ;)

Many thanks

Ogri the trog

I definitely needed a kick up the backside Ogri!

Because I couldn't see the process in my head (cos of not understanding the tools I guess) it became a ridiculously big deal just getting it started. Once I got going it was fine though.

I would like to make a sheath for it and I have some leather on the way. Has anyone done a tutorial on sheath making?

Thanks all
j :eek:

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello Janiepopps,

nice looking knife, a job well done. I've got one with a blade made by Ogri, and i'm well pleased with it, mines marked as well, again with grinder over activity, but it means it'll get used, and not just displayed!

For a sheath tutorial, take a look at the articles section and Rapidboys guide, you can't go wrong with that, it gave me inspiration.

Good luck

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Well done J and Ogri does this mean a Welsh and Cornish alliance is in the offing :You_Rock_ Welsh steel and Cornish handles :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE