Check out these bad boy's Modells Nightmare grind Wing Chun Butterfly swords

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Excuse my ignorance, but why would anyone want those apart from using them as weapons?. I really honestly can't see a use for them other than as a weapon................atb mac

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Excuse my ignorance, but why would anyone want those apart from using them as weapons?. I really honestly can't see a use for them other than as a weapon................atb mac

Collecting, re-enacting, etc. The same reasons people want things such as old Enfields, bayonets, and similar. Not necessarily as an actual weapon but for it's nostalgic value of another age (or even another culture in this case)

No real use; just an indulgence in a bit of fantasy. Unless you're training in Martial Arts, in which case training with weapons is mandatory at the upper ranks. And even then it's still more fantasy than expecting to ever use them as actual weapons (no tournaments I know of have weapons combat and edged weapons are impractical for real defense)

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Collecting, re-enacting, etc. The same reasons people want things such as old Enfields, bayonets, and similar. Not necessarily as an actual weapon but for it's nostalgic value of another age (or even another culture in this case)

No real use; just an indulgence in a bit of fantasy. Unless you're training in Martial Arts, in which case training with weapons is mandatory at the upper ranks. And even then it's still more fantasy than expecting to ever use them as actual weapons (no tournaments I know of have weapons combat and edged weapons are impractical for real defence)

Oh I don't know I could defend myself pretty well I reckon!:)

But seriously I prefer a blade as a tool and to be thought of as such.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Oh I don't know I could defend myself pretty well I reckon!:)

But seriously I prefer a blade as a tool and to be thought of as such.

LOL. Yes, against a similarly armed attacker (or a less well armed one) But carrying them isn't exactly practical is it? And drawing them is impractical if an attacker already has a firearm aimed at you (after all, in a defensive mode, you're not going to already have them in your hand)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE