Cheap source of 3/16" flat copper rivets and washers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've had no joy on eBay , they have them but all seam rather steep price wise, looking for 3/16 by 1/2" stem flat copper rivets and washers for leather work. I've had no problem getting reasonable priced 1/8 and 1/16 ones but for some reason there seams to be a huge jump in orice for the next size up, more than the increase in weight of metal would merit.

Anybody recommend a good value seller?

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Now that's more like it, thanks! I got my brass trade kettle from Crazy Crow several years back but it never occurred to get rivets from them. I'll see if there's anyone doing them in the UK as cheap, to see if I can save on postage like, before I commit funds.

ATB

Tom

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I suggest that you find your local farrier or somebody who does tack and harness work.
All I can get is about 1/2" diameter heads so I chuck those in my drill and let them ride on a coarse file for anything smaller.
Trim with bolt cutters for shorter shanks BUT, then the end isn't tapered and the washer won't fit if you need it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE