Cheap boil in the bag meals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
L

LordRose

The best stuff I take with me is stuff in these sorts of containers

http://www.britishfooddirect.com/images/5010034522008_200.jpg

Theres also these organic broths and soups they do in these types of bags nowadays. There perfectly safe to boil up and you can eat out the packet which saves you washing up. Alot cheaper than the crap Millets sells for £3-4 a pot.

Just make sure you make a few holes or you'll have a blast :D

One of the tastiest meals known to man :D

here with chipolata sausages and a couple of eggs in the middle :D

you can keep your Beans n sausage Boil i nthe bag brekky

potshobo.jpg

mmmmmmmmm crispy bits :lmao:

ATB

Duncan

pilsbury

Feb 14, 2010
essex / London
Is there a decent sealable bag you can decant tinned stuff into for boiling?

its worth investing in a cheap vac seal machine, you can get external vac packers for about £20 and the bags work out 20p each if you buy 100 and then I just cook my chilli, stew, curry ect at home and then bag it up, vac seal it and freeze it, my freezer is full of meals like this cos if there is any left overs from normal dinners it gets vac packed, i pay a bit more for the bags that you can use for 'sous vide' its a form of catering that uses hot water baths to cook and reheat foods so they are tough enough for a good boil and no chemicals leach out.
then i just have a rummage and pull out my required grub and the fact its frozen means you can use it to keep other stuff chilled until it defrosts in your pack.
also if you pack it while its hot and give it a good seal there is a good chance that it will stay safe to eat, so long as its well reheated even if its been defrosted for a while.
cheapest grub i can find

May 22, 2009
UK
I've been using Sainburys' 2 Minute Meals for a while now. They're actually microwave meals but the plastic seems perfect for boil in the bag too. If cooking for 2 it's worth knowing that two meals fit perfectly in an MSR kettle, and you can then use the hot water for quick-cook rice! Oh and they're cheap as chips, a fraction of the price of Wayfayrer or similar!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/glo...GLOBAL_DATA._searchType=0&bmUID=1266587133614

never looked at these in the shops before, and just wondering...

can you eat these cold like wayfarer etc? or must they be cooked?

cheers

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
Hmmm. I guess so, they are cooked after all, just cold and stodgy. I don't really want to try ... but I look forward to your report on this experiment!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE