Boil-in-Bag Meals - Additional Heads Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

I was going to bump a previous post forward with some new info but couldn't locate it on the forum (it may have been a reply as opposed to a new post) so I've reproduced it all as an item in it's own right -

The new info is as follows -

The Brit Mil surplus main meal - Chicken and Bacon Pasta. I purchased several off Ebabe quite recently.
The meal tasted fine, no probs, however the description is a bit misleading (not the vendor's fault but the manufacturers).
It should read - Mushroom and Chicken Pasta (with a bit of bacon!).
The meal constituents are - Mushroom 21%, Chicken 20%, Pasta 8%, Bacon 3% etc.
I was expecting a dry-ish meal but it actually has a sauce - and is slightly peppery.
As I state, nothing wrong with it but not what it says on the 'tin' so to speak and probably important to anyone who doesn't like or is allergic to mushrooms!:(

Dutch Mil Surplus BIBs, - (these were 400gram as opposed to Brit 300gm bags).

Gulash with Parisian Potatoes - not bad - a light stew with tiny hard boiled potatoes (but no real paprika flavour).
Hash with Parisian Potatoes - again not bad, another lights stew. Reasonable flavour and arguably nicer than the Brit stewed steak and veg.
Both these meals were quite wholesome, notably the potatoes were firm, not mushy.

The pre-posted info was -

Brit Mil Surplus-

Pork Sausage and Beans Not bad - Just like the Heinz tins-of. (add curry powder/paste/sauce for an 'upgrade' :p)

Chicken Sausage and Beans As above but IMHO with less flavour. (add above or Tabasco! Green is mild Red is HOT!)

Barbeque sausage and beans As PSB but tangy-er

Beans/Bacon/Potato Not bad, bacon should be smoked for more flavour

Stewed Steak and Veg Wholesome but a bit mushy and a slight taste that doesn't seem quite right

Sausage Casserole A bit 'ish' - Think beefy Heinz veg soup with pork sausages

Paella Quite wholesome & tasty (add curry powder etc to upgrade to a sort of chicken Tikka!)

Jambalaya (US MRE) Only suitable as fish bait!:lmao:

BUT - potentially cheaper (and tastier still if you or better half can cook) - Lakeland Boil-in-Bag bags - pack of 50 for £4.59 - cook-freeze-reheat in one bag as they state.

Bon appetit. (Can I still say that? :lmao:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE