cheap billycan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
went shopping today ( big yawn ) . when we came across a "poundland " store. browsing around i saw stainless steel tea and coffee tins with lids so i thought. mmmmmmmm billycan? when i got back home i drilled 2 holes in the top lip of the canister opposite each other pinched a wire coathanger from the wardrobe ( sorry darling ) formed a handle and cut corresponding notches out of the lid and voila a s/s billycan for a £1 !!!!it works spot on as i lit a fire in the back garden ( sorry again luv,,but it was in the name of science! Honest..OUCH )to test it and had a nice brew from it. it holds 1 litre to the brim so is ample for 2 cuppas. :D

tom

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wire coat hangers :eek: , not seen one of those for years, all of ours are wood or plastic now, im sure the little bleeders are hiding away in the depths of the wardrobe somewhere though :)

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
I use exactly that, a stainless steel coffee / tea container suspended by an old piece of metal coat hanger

Cronos

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
running bare said:
wot use is a plastic hanger other than its intended? at least you could try and make a fire drill out of a wooden one if its got the bottom rail on :D

tom

They come with bottom rails :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Time to have words me thinks :rolleyes:

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
is it me or? when you leave your trousers on the bedroom floor, the shout goe's up," hang them up dear there are hangers in the wardrobe" open the door of the wardrobe and sure enough, half a dozen shiney wire hangers. But when you go to get a wire hanger to make your billy can from a coffee tin, open the door there are all gone!!!! twilight zone? :lmao: Yours Den

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
running bare said:
went shopping today ( big yawn ) . when we came across a "poundland " store. browsing around i saw stainless steel tea and coffee tins with lids so i thought. mmmmmmmm billycan? when i got back home i drilled 2 holes in the top lip of the canister opposite each other pinched a wire coathanger from the wardrobe ( sorry darling ) formed a handle and cut corresponding notches out of the lid and voila a s/s billycan for a £1 !!!!it works spot on as i lit a fire in the back garden ( sorry again luv,,but it was in the name of science! Honest..OUCH )to test it and had a nice brew from it. it holds 1 litre to the brim so is ample for 2 cuppas. :D

tom

Would make a good container for making char cloth too. I've got 2 stainless steel coffee cans I got from a hardware bargain basket for £1.50 each to use for char cloth making

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I want to know what happened to the automatic hangers we had when I was younger, not sure haow they worked but I used to leave my clothes on the floor then when I come back the clothes would be hung in the wardrobe by themselves!
Anybody know where they are sold now? :lmao:

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
You can still get them the automatic ones, but they're bleedin' expensive!

I got funny looks from the wife when I bought home a dozen wire hangers from doing the rounds of the cupboards at work - she thought I was nuts when I said they were for 'bushcraft' use!! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE